Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:28 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,816,007 times

Advertisements

I dont get what the big deal is with the dangers that comes with a boxer being dirty with taking random drug testing.

Lets look at what taking roids and such is doing to WWE and boxers.

If Cyclist or Lance Armstrong can be tested twice sometimes 3 times a day and ride his bike for the hours he does and days straight and win Tours. Then pacman can agree to a few test and fight and be no harm.

What is Pacman less an athlete then Olympians and cyclist?

Why not make sure boxing is clean and fair? Heck Floyd and Shane just did it there is no excuse Pacman cant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 01:35 PM

10,168 posts, read 20,716,770 times
That's for the athletic commisions to decide and ultimately enforce, not individual fighters. But that's part of the problem with boxing today. Too many fighters get to call their own shots. Decide who they will fight and who they won't. Each state also needs to have the same standards, it should really be a Federal standard so fighters can't jump from state to state in order to make a fight somewhere else. Of course that would probably force a lot of fights overseas, but these sanctioning commisions need to get on board.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:35 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,600,134 times
If yo uhave nothing to hide take any tests they want to throw at you...PERIOD!

Pac is obviously either scared to lose or hiding something.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:23 PM

573 posts, read 2,054,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
If yo uhave nothing to hide take any tests they want to throw at you...PERIOD!

Pac is obviously either scared to lose or hiding something.
HE ALREADY AGREED TO TAKE THE TEST BEFORE AND AFTER THE FIGHT!! DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS? WHY IS THIS HARD TO COMPREHEND? He will not take the test days before the actual fight because he believes it will affect his strength, which already happened in one of his fights. If he takes the test before and after, there is NO WAY he can be cheating. And still Mayweather, refuses to accept the fight. Why is he so scared to fight Pacquiao?

Old 05-03-2010, 06:49 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,001,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
HE ALREADY AGREED TO TAKE THE TEST BEFORE AND AFTER THE FIGHT!! DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS? WHY IS THIS HARD TO COMPREHEND?
He didn't agree to take the test under Mayweather's terms. It makes him look awfully suspicious when Mosley and Floyd did it for their fight yet Pacman seems to be the only one avoiding it. Don't you find that mighty funny?

Quote:
He will not take the test days before the actual fight because he believes it will affect his strength, which already happened in one of his fights.
Please. You're not seriously buying into that are you? Yes, drawing blood is a bit draining, but not so much so that he's down and out unless he's anemic or something - in which case he should say so. The problem is that Pacman isn't saying anything at all which makes him look guilty. That both Floyd and Mosley were on the same page with regards to the apparent guilt of Pacman doesn't make Pac look any better. He needs to either (A) man up and take the test on Mayweather's terms and get it over with, or (B) come straight about what he's hiding.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:44 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,600,134 times
Quote:
HE ALREADY AGREED TO TAKE THE TEST BEFORE AND AFTER THE FIGHT!! DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS? WHY IS THIS HARD TO COMPREHEND? He will not take the test days before the actual fight because he believes it will affect his strength, which already happened in one of his fights. If he takes the test before and after, there is NO WAY he can be cheating. And still Mayweather, refuses to accept the fight. Why is he so scared to fight Pacquiao?

Why dont you understand that he has out right lied about this whole thing. First he was afraid of needles, then they pointed out he has tattoos so how is that possible, then they ask about the timing he says if its more than a month in he feels weak, but they point out he has given blood 2 weeks out for a fight he dominated. SO how many flipping lies and or excuses can one guy use before YOU understand that there are other under lying issues as to why he cant or wont.

If the cops accused you of a crime I'm sure you would do everything in your power to prove them wrong. Hard to do that if your doing worng though isnt it? If not take the tests and shut him up.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:08 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Why dont you understand that he has out right lied about this whole thing. First he was afraid of needles, then they pointed out he has tattoos so how is that possible, then they ask about the timing he says if its more than a month in he feels weak, but they point out he has given blood 2 weeks out for a fight he dominated. SO how many flipping lies and or excuses can one guy use before YOU understand that there are other under lying issues as to why he cant or wont.

If the cops accused you of a crime I'm sure you would do everything in your power to prove them wrong. Hard to do that if your doing worng though isnt it? If not take the tests and shut him up.
I agree.

Pacman will continue to make excuses because he knows what is common knowledge among those who know this sport: he can't beat Mayweather.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:14 AM

10,168 posts, read 20,716,770 times
I don't see this drug testing issue as a way for Manny to avoid fighting Floyd. I doubt he's scared to fight him. If anything it's the other way around. I see this as two possibilities...either he just doesn't like the idea of Floyd f***ing with him (he filed a lawsuit against Floyd for those accusations), or he is actually hiding something. Could be his pride is driving this, not allowing Floyd the upper hand in negotiations and allowing him to dictate terms when there is already a system in place and a standard for ALL fighters. Floyd is the one who saw something that scared him, and this is his way of trying to stay out of a tough fight. Whether he can beat Manny or not, it won't be easy, and he won't look pretty doing it and this would be his riskiest fight ever. Floyd is concerned and it has nothing to do with this newfound crusade to clean up boxing he's talking about. This coming from a guy who surrounds himself with gangsters, thugs, and his own father is a coke head and convicted dealer. I'm convinced Roger is a crackhead too, he has all the characteristics of a drug addict.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:31 PM

573 posts, read 2,054,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I don't see this drug testing issue as a way for Manny to avoid fighting Floyd. I doubt he's scared to fight him. If anything it's the other way around. I see this as two possibilities...either he just doesn't like the idea of Floyd f***ing with him (he filed a lawsuit against Floyd for those accusations), or he is actually hiding something. Could be his pride is driving this, not allowing Floyd the upper hand in negotiations and allowing him to dictate terms when there is already a system in place and a standard for ALL fighters. Floyd is the one who saw something that scared him, and this is his way of trying to stay out of a tough fight. Whether he can beat Manny or not, it won't be easy, and he won't look pretty doing it and this would be his riskiest fight ever. Floyd is concerned and it has nothing to do with this newfound crusade to clean up boxing he's talking about. This coming from a guy who surrounds himself with gangsters, thugs, and his own father is a coke head and convicted dealer. I'm convinced Roger is a crackhead too, he has all the characteristics of a drug addict.

Roger Mayweather does remind me of a crackhead. He was probably on drugs when he chocked the female boxer he was training.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,307,406 times
In anticipation of fighting each other, both Floyd and Pacman previously chose their opponents carefully. Manny chose Clottey. Clottey had barely lost a decision to Cotto and fought very defensively. Interesting that Manny could not find a way to break through that defense either. I'm sure Floyd was taking notice. Clottey was strong too so we saw a limit to the effectiveness of Manny's power. and speed.

Floyd chose Juan Manuel Marquez, a fighter who gave Manny fits. In fighting Juan and taking him the distance, Floyd learned more about Pacman than Pacman learned about him in fighting Clottey.

Edge: Mayweather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing