U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2007, 06:34 PM

62 posts, read 380,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton6 View Post
We are looking at different places in Montana. Work in Bozeman looks potential but living is expensive. What are Belgrade, Big Sky and Livingston like?

HELP
Just thought of something. I was in Missoula Wednesday and Whitehall Thursday....
Anyway I saw 2 new "developments." One is on Hwy 287 just north of I-90 and west of Three Forks. It looks like one of the developments with some electric trenched in and a road cut. I think it said 20 acres. No trees to speak of, but if you are one of the first maybe you could get back in one of the coulees where trees are. They must be inexpensive parcels right now.

The other was west of Hwy 287 West of Three Forks, but south of I-90. It seemed close to the freeway to me, but didn't drive into it. So there may be parcels back further from the Interstate. It didn't look like they were 20 acres, so may be cheaper yet. This "developer" put in some asphalt over the dirt and has a vinyl white cute fence separating it from the Interstate.

Both are very commutable distances from Bozeman. It isn't the Emerald Forest, but may be inexpensive land if you are needing to commute to Bozeman. When they first started the housing in Manhattan and Belgrade I thought to myself, now who would live there. But they have built and built so someone is buying.

Either one of these new "developments" would give you a bit of land and an easy commute to Bozeman. I am not familiar with Three Forks schools. With over flow from Bozeman who knows? Anyway, its got to be less expensive than Bozeman, Belgrade, Manhattan, Big Sky. Its just a thought.

Sounds as though you are young enough to plant trees and live long enough to watch them grow tall. I doubt if there is public water or sewer in either of these places. Again, up to the individual to figure that out. But Three Forks got its name because it is where 3 rivers, the Gallatin, Jefferson, and Madison make up the headwaters of the Missouri. There should be water, but both "developments" are on hills and in crooks of the hills. Contact Montana Dept of Geology and Mines (Butte) to talk with someone who knows the underground terrain.

Besides Wheat Montana Bakeries are really close. They make really good cinnamon rolls. These both are within eyeshot of the Wheat Montana wheat fields. There is a truck stop not far for gasoline, milk, etc. You know, those things you forget to purchase when your half way home from Bozeman. It would probably be an inexpensive place to start the family in Montana. Then when it gets crowded "you can move" to quote another member of this group.

There are also subdivided places in Clarkston very dry, but more trees and around the hills in Three Forks. These parcels were cheap, but I haven't priced them in a year or so. They are Ponderosa pine though and these have a high ignition value.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2007, 06:49 PM

62 posts, read 380,455 times
[quote=GiftShoppeGuy;390417]
Missoula's modern, "young hippies" are more often refered to as "granola's".... they are in many ways, like the hippies of yesteryear...[quote]

Granola's are Birkenstock wearing, tree hugging liberals and you put them in the same class as a hippie?!?!?
They can't even compare to a hippie or flower child. Not even close. They have credit cards, act poor but have plenty of financial backing. Not EVEN close to a hippie....Granola's are Granola's.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 PM

37 posts, read 101,056 times
Granolas are our generation's twist on hippies. Some are honest, some are not.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,038 times
I have heard rumors of crews and gangs starting in Belgrade and Bozeman. Although the police officials don't know it, drugs are a big problem.
ʂκ
ʂketch
κrew
You really shouldn't worry as much about crews as u do gangs, crews are violent and usually start fights. Gangs Just mess with everything.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,997,093 times
Gangs are not as bad here as they are in other places, but there is an element of that type of activity growing around Montana, mostly in the southwest part of the state. It's mostly attributed to people who's kids were getting messed up in places like SoCal, NY, Washington, Chicago etc.. and then moving the little brats to Montana looking for a better life, little do they take into consideration that the bratty little bastards cause more problems for the kids that have lived here all their lives.

On Another note:
Wow what a surprise. Yet another real estate person from CA. That must make like 20,002 in Gallatin valley now.

End of rant... Bad mood today, probably shouldn't be typing opinions on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman