Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 01:52 PM

154 posts, read 153,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
computers and cars could go, but I'm kind of stuck on books...
Classic! Are you posting to this thread using a mobile device or a computer? If cars can go, do you have a horse and buggy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 02:47 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,158,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMama2009 View Post
Classic! Are you posting to this thread using a mobile device or a computer? If cars can go, do you have a horse and buggy?
No buggy, but I can get around on horseback..

I was making a joke about how life was more peaceful before everyone's pockets started ringing!

The day I retire, to celebrate I'm putting my cell and pager into the skeet thrower.

"pull!"

Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 PM

154 posts, read 153,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
No buggy, but I can get around on horseback..

I was making a joke about how life was more peaceful before everyone's pockets started ringing!

The day I retire, to celebrate I'm putting my cell and pager into the skeet thrower.

"pull!"
The problem is most people outside high tech have no idea of cell phone etiquette. I remember in 2002, living in Juneau, AK, cell phones were relatively new technology in Alaska. I was taking the public bus and teens were calling each other on the bus, annoying ring tones, one after an other. What also bothered me were people wanting to know what I was doing on my laptop - it's like none of their business.

Top 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Rules People Still Break | The Best Article Every day

Basic Rules of Cellphone Etiquette : ROAD & TRAVEL Magazine

Old 09-27-2010, 10:47 AM

31 posts, read 91,629 times
Verizon is hands down the best in Sanders County, even that can be spotty

Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 AM

92 posts, read 315,195 times
Default Verizon, AT&T, Altel, and T-Mobile in Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoobie555 View Post
Verizon has the best coverage in Montana, but their service, customer service, and phone choice leave a lot to be desired. I hate verizon.
I have way too many horror stories about Verizon's horrible, horrible customer service. They win my award for Worst Customer Service Ever. But I don't have enough time to describe all of my stories about Verizon.

That said, when I went out to Montana a few months ago, I got really steamed when I read an article (AT&T to replace Alltel in Montana within a year - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle: News) in the Bozeman Chronicle that the iPhone was FINALLY making it out to Montana. In an AT&T TV ad that came out a few months ago, AT&T bragged about the coverage they had, and they even mentioned Bozeman, Montana -- but AT&T is not officially supported in Montana (or it wasn't back in June). Talk about false advertising. Yes, an iPhone will work in Montana, but it is likely roaming. From what I've read, if AT&T notices that if at least 40% of your data transfer happens while in roaming, and this happens over several months, AT&T can cancel your account. If this is true, then one cannot even buy an iPhone and then bring it to Montana. Not until AT&T has an official presence in the state.

As one of my wife's friends said, "Verizon is king" for the cell phone carriers in Montana. When I looked at what Wal-Mart offered, I only saw Verizon and Alltel for the available carriers.

I was able to use a T-Mobile USB modem with my laptop while I was in Montana, so that works, but I imagine it might face similar problems to that of AT&T, where I was likely roaming at the time.

Bottom line: If you move to Montana, you'll probably need to switch mobile carriers. Hmm...I wonder if you can get out of the early termination fees since T-Mobile doesn't support Montana?

Old 01-02-2013, 01:43 PM

5 posts, read 10,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp943 View Post
Bottom line: If you move to Montana, you'll probably need to switch mobile carriers. Hmm...I wonder if you can get out of the early termination fees since T-Mobile doesn't support Montana?
It's been 6.5 years now since the T-mobile rep begged us not to switched and promised that T-mobile would support Montana within one year... hahahahahahahahahaha... to this day they do not support Montana, and any t-mobile device would be piggybacking off another carrier's coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman