U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 07:57 AM

22,947 posts, read 21,473,086 times

Advertisements

I thought so as well, I do know that in most cities there are ordiances against open containers in vehicles and the new law covered counties, thanks for the link I'll look at it.
I always thought the new law to be stupid and pandering, what's the difference between driving drunk with a beer in your hand and stopping at the local bar and downing 2-3 for the ride home and being drunk? Nothing... Drunk is drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 03:05 PM

1,368 posts, read 5,878,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I thought so as well, I do know that in most cities there are ordiances against open containers in vehicles and the new law covered counties, thanks for the link I'll look at it.
I always thought the new law to be stupid and pandering, what's the difference between driving drunk with a beer in your hand and stopping at the local bar and downing 2-3 for the ride home and being drunk? Nothing... Drunk is drunk.

Drunk is drunk. But ideally, the bar is supposed to cut you off when you're incapable to drive.

I believe that rickers is correct in the montana laws about open containers. I know thats not the truth in WA. In WA, if the container is in the 'passenger' compartment, and is not sealed, then its illegal. Which is why my stuff is always in a bag, in the very rear (behind the rear seats) with the cargo cover over it. I'll keep myself sober until I get to my destination.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:20 PM
ck5

8 posts, read 46,599 times
Default bend vs. bozeman

I live in Bend...this is one boring town....it is way overpriced for housing...most of the locals aren't very nice. There is ample recreation, my suggestion would be to take up some kind of winter sport. One library one movie theatre with plenty of crowds at both. There aren't many good places to eat that are economical. I wish i would have done more homework before i moved here. At least Bozeman has three good bookstores, a university, and is located near an interstate if you want to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 6,535 times
Hi! I am currently in Bozeman, as I was born here 29 years ago. Currently, I am considering Eugene Oregon as my next home. I thought I might just give you a little info on Bozeman right now from the perspective of a native. This winter we have had a winter wonderland much like the winters that we used to have a couple of decades ago. There has been something like an average of 100 inches so far. Today, it is sunny and fifty degrees, with snow melting all around. We have had some lows around 25 below, but only for a couple days. If you like winter, Bozeman is great. We have Three major ski resorts within 45 minutes, and Yellowstone National Park is only 80 minutes away. It usually stays sunny, regardless of the season. Summers in Bozeman are perfect (yet very short)!! Mild in temp, beautiful and busy. Every outdoor activity that one could imagine is within minutes of downtown Bozeman (except for the ocean). The population here is small, although much bigger while M.S.U. hosts its fall and winter students. There is a generous population of both conservative redneck types, and also liberal artistic types. People are generally friendly, though concerned about the increadible growth of what used to be a small college town. If you are involved in horses,it seems that there wil be many possibilities. For a Montana town there is a nice growing culture of arts. Dancing and music everywhere, healthfood stores and homeopathic alternatives available. As for the housing...Rent has gone down in the last year, right now is a rentees market, not a renters market anymore. Homes are between 200,000 (extreemly low and yucky) to 400, 000 (about average) to millions (Yellowstone club prices). There is no sales tax here but there is ridiculous property tax. Sometimes Bozeman can seem too small, but there is always something great if you put your heart into finding it! I hope this helps,
Rosanna

Old 02-29-2008, 10:26 AM
ck5

8 posts, read 46,599 times
Default eugene

I think you'll like Eugene ...theres more to do there than Bend....they do get a lot of rain Oct-Mar...but its clean and growing

Old 11-16-2013, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,852 times
I am a soon to be single mom and have narrowed it down to Boise, Bozeman and maybe Bend. Does anyone know where the best schools are? I have a 9th and 7th grader? I am a social worker and there are not too many jobs, but should be OK in finding something.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,790 times
I have lived in Bend and visited Bozeman. Love them both, you would be lucky to live in either area. But please stop blaming Californians for your problems. Remember that the reason Californians are leaving is because they had an influx of all 50 states moving to their state from the 1960's til present day. They have great weather, oceans, and mountains as well but they have been and are still getting pushed out as well. Stop using California as your scapegoat people. You all moved there first now it's your turn Deal w it!

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12-02-2013 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: removed clatter from 3 year old post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or