Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times

Advertisements

Bozeman kids are funny. Living in Bozeman your whole life gives you a surreal perspextive on the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,157,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael11747 View Post
How much did those cowboy boots cost you again??? Oh yea, BUY LOCAL!
Two dollars, at the secondhand shop.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,091 times
Bozeman used to be fun all around, now it's full of wannabe Aspenites, that can't afford Aspen or Jackson Hole. I actually know 2 millionaires in Bozeman that were "ran out" (Their words, not mine) of Jackson Hole by the billionaires down there. Funny in my opinion.

There are still a lot of cool places and people if you know where to look though.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:49 AM

865 posts, read 2,501,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
30 years ago Bozeman seemed real "cowboyish" but not anymore. It reminds me of Ft. Collins, CO now.
I'll go back a little further. Forty plus years ago as a small child I remember getting stuck on the way home from church every spring waiting for the real cowboys on horseback to drive their cattle up the street to another pasturing area. Can't see that anymore.

Been back to Bozeman a few times recently. It's still beautiful and, while it's changed in character, Main Street is still vibrant, unlike some similar sized towns. I'd enjoy living there again.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:48 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Bozeman kids are funny. Living in Bozeman your whole life gives you a surreal perspextive on the world.
Lol yeah. I tutor at the Ophir school in Big Sky in my free time and the kids are hilarious. Big Sky is a posh fantasy land even moreso than Bozeman.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 PM

355 posts, read 1,146,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael11747 View Post
..How much did those cowboy boots cost you again??? Oh yea, BUY LOCAL!
It's actually just "boots" and/or "hat". If you attach the word "cowboy" to either, it better be in jest to someone you know, or you'll be branded as a stray.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,031 times
Default Bros....Man

I grew up in Helena, and moved to Bozeman 9 months ago, I'll tell you what I've experienced.

CONS:
1. Lots of dudes, who act like bros. They are definitely in to the nar nar sports like skii-ing, snowboarding, rock climbing, ice climbing... anything to do with ... the nar nar. lol It gets a little ridiculous and excessive at times, and gets under my skin, but if that's the worst a town has to offer, is that so bad? (Please refer to south Parks season 16 Episode "I should have never gone ZipLining" to understand the essence of Bozemans Bros)
2. Anyone 25 or under is probably going to have a bit of an attitude. Especially if they are a Bozeman native. They think they're the ****.
3. Most of the people in this town blend together. They seem to have the same past, the same present and the same future. Esp the natives.
4. Despite the fact that this is kind of an artsy town, the art is very repetitive. It's Montana art... fishin' huntin' bears... so not my style lol The music is almost all the same too either country or some sort of disco funk noise. Not sure what it's called, but I hear it a lot.
5. Downtown night life is LAME. Unless you like sitting around and looking pretty. I actually like to party when I go out, and possibly get in to a little trouble. I haven't had a memorable night in Bozo yet. It's kind of "stuffy" in the party scene.

PROS
1. Lots of health concious/enviornment concious people
2. I've met more genuinely awesome people here (sifting through the bros and the snobs) in the 9 months I've been here than I did in the 24 years I was in Helena.
3. The people here seem to have their **** together, they're going to school, they have hobbies, they make money... I'm used to Helena where almost no one knows what the hell they're doing with their life and they live off of welfare.
4. It's kind of an inspiring town, with everyone always furthering their education or participating in hobbies or events.
5. Art & Music, there's a lot of it. It's... all pretty similar however. So this goes in the Cons section too.

All in all I like it here. The friends I've made, are friends for life. People here want to make friends, which is cool. As an added bonus there are a lot of good looking people here. Some of the girls are stunning, but watch our for the Snobitis, it runs rapid here lol

Old 02-05-2013, 04:29 AM

165 posts, read 202,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscott73 View Post
I might be moving to Bozeman but I am curious about what type of people live there...I have heard it is kind of a "cowboy" town. Is it true that Bozeman is full of hicks? Also are there a lot of religious people? On another forum, someone posted that there are lots of Christians..true or false? Also, what is Bozeman like? Thanks!
So you're basically bigoted against middle America yet you want to move there. Eventually the area will become dominated by people like you and the place will be just like the one that you are fleeing.

As part of this, the way of life there will be challenged (anti gun, anti Christian, etc.) and the locals won't have as much money as the interlopers so they will be forced to live in less desirable areas while their land gets choked with strip malls, mini mansions, and resorts they can't afford.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM
pth

274 posts, read 458,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenRockSunWave View Post
I grew up in Helena, and moved to Bozeman 9 months ago, I'll tell you what I've experienced.

CONS:
1. Lots of dudes, who act like bros. They are definitely in to the nar nar sports like skii-ing, snowboarding, rock climbing, ice climbing... anything to do with ... the nar nar. lol It gets a little ridiculous and excessive at times, and gets under my skin, but if that's the worst a town has to offer, is that so bad? (Please refer to south Parks season 16 Episode "I should have never gone ZipLining" to understand the essence of Bozemans Bros)
I'm confused as to why this is a con. Is it because of the way they act? I think about moving to bozeman because I love all of those sports...it seems like an amazing area to participate in those activities because of the vast mountains. People are always going to lump into a category...that's why south park is awesome, it makes fun of everyone. It's an outdoorsy city, so I'm assuming there are some like-minded folks there who are interested in those types of activities.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:16 AM

17 posts, read 23,079 times
Over 50% of the population with a college degree... wow! Can a middle aged woman with a high school diploma and years of experience get a descent paying job here? It doesn't sound like I could afford to live in Bozeman. Why are housing and living expenses so high here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman