U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-04-2008, 01:50 PM

154 posts, read 360,937 times
Default Bozeman

What is the best season to come and visit Bozeman?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 04:58 PM

6,040 posts, read 6,535,698 times
Anytime you feel like it. If you are from Germany I'm sure you wont be bothered by the extreme differences between the seasons. Bozoman is a lovely place but a bit too Kalifornicated for my liking. Coming from Germany I believe you will find it very pleasant except in the heat of the summer, especially if there are fires going on nearby. The fall is great but short, as is the spring. I like winter as well as spring and fall. The hot, short summer in Montana is a bit intense for some folks. One of my sayings goes like this;
"ya wait all winter for summer to get here, then ya wait all summer for winter to get here " ! By the way, my great, great, grandfather came from the Sarr Valley ! Say Hello to all of Germany for me. !

Old 08-04-2008, 08:04 PM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,561 posts, read 11,472,362 times
Personally I like Bozeman better in the winter, like around Christmas. For some reason that's when it looks better to me.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:04 PM

373 posts, read 1,307,463 times
I like it in the fall. The town seems to have an excitement about it, too, with (American) football and all the kids coming back to college. It's not too hot or too cold. The first week of October or last week of September would be ideal. But, the summers do get some huge lovely sunsets and the hay fields outside of town look spectacular in the evening.

Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM

2 posts, read 5,190 times
My in-laws live in Bozeman
I ski at Bridger every year....
I visit my little plot of land in Three Forks that I will build on....one day
Weather is awesome
The fishing is great

Old 08-10-2008, 11:40 AM

352 posts, read 688,874 times
I would think about late spring, fall, or about December.

Late spring - everything's at it's greenest, big variations in weather, mountains/valleys have nice white green contrast, lots of water running everywhere, mountains have that sweet cold/warm scent, everyone's over the cabin fever phase and looking to do things outdoors.

Fall - on a good year colors are great and vary with altitude, low sun angle makes for great photography, warm dry days and cool nights, IMHO the only time of the year to go see Yellowstone - light tourist traffic and lots of critters, esp. migratory birds, snow dusting the mountaintops provides beautiful backdrops to the fall colors in the foothills and valleys, minimal bugs to contend with.

December - mountain/tourist/college town at Christmas, lots of stuff to do indoors, shopping (if that's your thing), if Bridger Bowl's low on snow more than likely other nearby areas will have some, concerts, Christmas strolls in several communities around, holiday atmosphere.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:34 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,520,331 times
Winter is great. So beautiful in the snow.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:43 AM

154 posts, read 360,937 times
How cold will it get in winter?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:38 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,561 posts, read 11,472,362 times
Cold enough to snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman