Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 10:07 AM

812 posts, read 1,674,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleNbox View Post
I'm always hearing ppl say space coast is boring.. "melboring" has nothing to do and cocoa beach is run down and lame... Is it really that boring??? I see they got a couple of things i'm into, such as an ice arena (hockey), boxing gyms, of course the beach-surfing.. Surely this area has alot more to offer, right?? So my questions are:

How's the restraunts and shopping stores there?? Big mall??

Is the pier a good spot to hang out and R the beaches clean??
I think the thing no one can argue here is that if you can't find what you want on the coast, it's not too far away in Orlando. Personally, I am planning on moving to the area if I can help it.. we shall see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 05:51 PM

24,766 posts, read 28,505,227 times
Plenty of shuffleboard courts....and plastic pink flamingos.
Years ago some of the bars had belt sander races... now it's darts & karaoke.
Back when we had shrimping and catching buckets of shrimp....now you might see a shrimp or two..global warming !
At one time you could fish off the beaches with out a license.....now you need one.
If laying on the beach and getting sun burned and getting ripped is your fun then we have plenty of that..
The days of Margaritaville have long gone here in Brevard.... I guess getting older has something to do with that..

Old 01-22-2011, 11:14 AM

9 posts, read 22,272 times
I popped in here to inquire about the area as well. My husband and I have lived on the East coast of Fl. from Amelia Island down to Daytona so far and are looking to go further. Still seeking some better surf.

But most of all, what made me reply were the complaints from hatchdemon. Many northerners have moved down here and it seems as though they love to pick on everyone and everything. Why? Sorry, but I would have to agree with rabflmom's comment involving the screen door....

CircleNBox, I hope you find a great place that suits your needs, but I guarantee the food is remarkable on the beach. The little hole-in-the-wall type places will even surprise you with the best atmosphere, service, and fresh seafood. Good luck with wherever you might land

Old 01-22-2011, 01:53 PM

35 posts, read 281,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaJunkie View Post
I popped in here to inquire about the area as well. My husband and I have lived on the East coast of Fl. from Amelia Island down to Daytona so far and are looking to go further. Still seeking some better surf.

But most of all, what made me reply were the complaints from hatchdemon. Many northerners have moved down here and it seems as though they love to pick on everyone and everything. Why? Sorry, but I would have to agree with rabflmom's comment involving the screen door....

CircleNBox, I hope you find a great place that suits your needs, but I guarantee the food is remarkable on the beach. The little hole-in-the-wall type places will even surprise you with the best atmosphere, service, and fresh seafood. Good luck with wherever you might land

Thank you, FloridaJunkie...I see you say you lived in Daytona. That was my other choice on where to relocate..How was it living there? I've been there twice in the past but it's been about 10 years..I'm 24 yrs old so i'm looking for kind of a live scene like daytona..Not neccessarily partying, but just things to do. Space coast seems more laid back and quiet...What do you think, You think Daytona would be a good spot to live for a while?

Old 02-03-2011, 03:40 AM

55 posts, read 227,149 times
I grew up on the Space coast and, lived many, many places around the country and been to other countries.
There is a huge nightlife in Brevard and try the new "Viera" mall and downtown historic Melbourne, the beaches, along the river, Sebastian inlet and Vero outlets (only about 30-40 min's from most of Brevard-depending on where you live.
at brevard night life dot com has tons of info also for the area of nightlife.
There is the Brevard zoo, Kennedy space center, King Center, Cocoa Village, Cocoa pier and beaches, the Henegar center up town Melbourne, so many places....you just have to look and explore and, depends on what you call "fun".
The Bistro downtown Melbourne, The Cove, Capt Hirams(Sebastian), Pops Casbah (famous for years) are all a great place to eat and, many more in the area.
A new house club opening up in a few wks downtown Melbourne by Meg O Malleys I hear is something like ultra lounge.....classy with dress code. There's tons of great coffee shops, with wifi, also there's about all types of restaurants you can imagine (not to mention tons owned/operated by folks from their own countries/states, So many more places. Best to check out all over before you may think it is boring in Brevard county.It is what you make of it.
Good luck to you

Old 02-07-2011, 05:14 PM

18 posts, read 66,767 times
Coming from a large city in the Midwest, and having lived in Chicago and Los Angeles, I found that Brevard County was a slower pace for sure. There were plenty of things to do, but I felt I had to "dig" for them. It wasn't easy to find out what was going on around town because I didn't know anyone there. Once I got the hang of things, we were plenty entertained.

There are lots of indoor and outdoor activities. If you love the sun and the beach, there's plenty of that. Try different beach areas and see which you like best. If you like the mall, movies, restaurants, bars, etc. there are plenty of those, too.

The cost of living is modest compared to most other places, so it's easier to try out different things and go different places. And, like others said, lots of larger cities are in close driving distance, so visiting the big city when you want is easy.

It's a great place to live. I would recommend it to anyone.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:36 PM

110 posts, read 550,039 times
Arrow Yes it is boring....Is that bad?

Boring depends on what you are looking for. In general the space coast is the closest beach to Orlando. There is plenty going on there. It is still a thrill to watch a rocket launch. Walk along an uncrowded beach. Take advantage of the Banana River and the Thousand Islands. Given how overbuilt some areas of Florida can be, I am thankful that the Space Coast remains unspoiled, undiscovered and peaceful. Like having your own private retreat. I have been in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Never felt connected to the ocean there. Too many high rise buildings. I love the Space Coast for what it is and don't regret what it is not.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 AM

264 posts, read 774,218 times
brevard county is for losers. if anyone is considering moving here, you MUST reconsider. if you suck at life, it may be the place for you. i am 25, lived here over 10 years, and have a university degree.

this is a place for retirees and the ultra-conservative. and its SICKENING how this town operates while the rest of the world is moving along. if you've lived in any metro area and plan on moving here, plan to take a trip to the 1970s.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,413,879 times
Default Typical new york attitude :P

Typical New York attitude :P

I thiink there's a lot to do in the space coast , unless you just sit in your home or hotel all day and do nothing.

If you don't get out and explore and area, and do off the beaten path things you'll find it boring.

That goes for anywhere.

I'm from Boston btw and am coming in April to see the shuttle launch :-)
so obviously its not boring

its probably their lame New York attitude ;P

Its funny in a city like New York where there's so much to do it can get kinda lame too :P I can only stand like 3 days in New York city :P due to the people there. :P

Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,721 times
the space coast cocoa beach merrit island and surrounding areas are beautiful and have many great places to eat and a lot of fun times.this is a blue collar working class area that is cheap to live in and medium class people who i fit rite in with like a glove.the problem is the county of brevard,it is a greedy,money sucking poor excuse for a local goverment who who make running a business here or owning property or trying to improve conditions impossible,this is a repressed county that has always made their money from nasa, sea ray and the cruise industry so they dont care.this is obviously changing due nasa layoffs and if they dont change things to stimulate the area it will get worse.the people here are geniune and loyal,blame the local gov.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County