Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:52 PM

35 posts, read 91,229 times

Advertisements

oh and I forgot to add......we are actually looking to move back to Florida due to the high cost here....even though the job market is tough...there are no jobs here either so at least we can try to get 10ph jobs and still be able to live!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 PM

6 posts, read 15,939 times
Did you end up moving?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:04 PM

104 posts, read 240,573 times
It's tough every were. I know people that want to move to the Outer Banks, in NC. Some fight tooth and nail to move there because they love it so much. BUT the pay is low and housing is high, with most of the jobs being seasonal. The ones that are realy determened make the move.

Moving to the Space Coast is the same. You have to do your homework, grit your teeth and make the move. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:58 AM

14 posts, read 34,780 times
Brevard County is a great place to live. Definitely seek employment before moving. There are several major medical organizations in the area: Wuesthoff, Health First, Omni, Mima. Viera has the new Hospital that just opened last Month. In addition, there is development going on to build a huge Medical Office Park right across the street from the new hospital. If you're an RN, shouldn't have a problem.

I'm happy to help any of you with relocation details and Real Estate needs!
You can find me on Viera Realty, Inc. under Agents kpenn@viera.com

Old 06-12-2011, 03:12 PM

501 posts, read 1,192,056 times
jbunch14 - keep us updated on your move, please. We are heading there to Cocoa (moving) in December as well.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 AM

12 posts, read 29,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by from nv View Post
jbunch14 - keep us updated on your move, please. We are heading there to Cocoa (moving) in December as well.
I'll be happy to. We will be in the area from mid-July until mid-August. Hopefully in that time we can find a suitable house. We are looking in the MI, Cocoa Beach, Satellite Beach areas. If anyone has any specific input about these areas, especially for an active family with three small children, it would be a big help.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHUMPHREY1026 View Post
Hey, we are a young family of 6 and are currently living in Northern Illinois. It is getting EXTREMLY pricey to live here and we are wanting a change of scenary. We have 4 kids(6,5,4&2) so schools would be an important part of where we move. I am a stay at home mom and my husband is currently working for a supplier of Chrysler and has 4 yrs experience as a store manager for Arby's. How is the housing and job market there, as well as the schools? Here we are renting a 750 sf house for $900/mnth. ANY information you could pass on would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
I lived in florida Port st john for 6 yrs and loved it. Wish I was still there. The school are Great in Brevard County. Believe me i have lived in Az, WA, Al, Or, Fl. besides Wa i think florida school are right up there. For the same price you could get a 1300 sf. home. I havent lived in florida for a year so im not sure about the job front. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County