Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 08:34 PM

13 posts, read 32,633 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give any insight about melbourne my hubby is a network admin and we are looking for good schools and hearing all this things about orlando maybe i just keep researching before going down. Can anyone give me and Idea about how melbourne is and the job market for an IT Person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 11:24 AM

6 posts, read 22,771 times
Hey there!!

Melbourne was a fantastic place to live. Lived there about 2 years before having to relocate to Sucklando...err Orlando. It had a much more laid back feel to it and everything was close and a quick drive away.

Anyways, sorry I don't have much to add. Don't know much about the housing or schooling as I didn't have a daughter at the time (do know though) and was only renting because I knew we wouldn't be there long. I did enjoy my time there though.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 12,341 times
Smile Melbourne

I moved from England to Melbourne just over a year ago - and love it!

There are some great companies here such as Harris Corp and DRS who are IT orientated, I believe. And of course FIT (Florida Institute of Technology). One of the best schools is Gemini Elementary which is in Melbourne Beach and is very well thought of locally.

Another good thing about this locality is that Orlando is only about 1 hr and 20 minutes away but you still get to have all the benefits of beachlife!

Old 08-09-2007, 10:45 PM

307 posts, read 2,102,378 times
Melbourne is a beautiful area, and the people are so welcoming and relaxed! I love going over to the beaches, they're gorgeous. Also, you'll be quite popular if you have friends or family that cruise out of Port Canaveral! You'll probably have a few spend the night guests before and after their cruise!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:59 AM

75 posts, read 403,197 times
Are you moving to Melbourne from Orlando or trying to decide between the two. We can do a comparison report for you and have properties in both locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: