Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 AM

7 posts, read 19,026 times

Advertisements

I'm from Texas and relocating to Melbourne.
Has anyone had experience or know anyone who lives or has lived in the Eau Gallie Arts District? I've seen some cute rentals here but not familiar with this area at all.
Whatever help I can get is much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 AM

5 posts, read 13,936 times
Close, I'm in Titusville

Old 09-01-2011, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 13,936 times
Contact a Century 21 Agency for a list of rental's and talk to the property manager about what you like in an area and what you don't.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:28 PM

207 posts, read 752,419 times
I lived there for a few years and was recently shocked at how the area has deteriorated. It used to be a cute place now everyone has bars on their windows and the area looks run down...

Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 AM

6 posts, read 11,574 times
The arts district is cute, the rest of the area isn't the best.

I have not heard good things at all about Eau Gallie H.S. from the locals.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:03 PM

55 posts, read 227,222 times
Yes, I used to ride horses there and grew up a part of my childhood there(not that long ago) Lol-that is how fast the Brevard county area has grown. There is 4 NEW CITIES in the area and one of them is on the Osceola and Brevard county line. How many of you have ever heard of a place having "new cities"? There is Suntree, Viera, Bayside, and Harmony, not to mention that all literally touch by only stepping a FOOT from one part of the road to the next!(accept Harmony-just 15 min from west Melbourne)
The Eau Gallie area is the southern part of Melbourne-it's now called Melbourne for many years because it is not it's own town any longer. To some that lived here it is still referred to as "Eau Gallie" not a great place like it used to be with the old speedway etc..Just simply drive up i-95 south approx 12 minutes and go to the Palm Bay exits-much more and much nicer at low costs and lots more to do
PS-Some people think West Melbourne, Melbourne Village(2 blocks long) and Melbourne are all the same-no those 3 are their very own towns.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:43 PM

481 posts, read 864,821 times
I am a fith generation native of Melbourne/Eau Gallie and my grandfather and his sons built most of the buildings in Eau Gallie in the 40's & 50's (before Melbourne was established). We still have one building across the ole civic center with our family name on the top of the building. I remember when the Melbourne PD was right there years back.

I will say this, it is not as nice as it used to be, and most of the neighborhood is infested with drugs, drunks, homeless, and nothing but trouble these days. The community on the south side of Eau Gallie Blvd. & along some of Pineapple is holding its own.

With everyone from everywhere coming here, it is not the same here anymore. Even the gangs are getting worse here in Melbourne/Eau Gallie.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Hardly ever get up that way anymore, but used to love the Ballard Park area of homes.

Not sure what the old Eau Gallie town boundaries were but have never thought of it as any more rundown or dangerous than a good share of old areas of Melbourne. JMHO

Eau Gallie Highschool has a good music department. Just don't hear as much about the school as much as some others because it isn't a sports powerhouse like some of the other highschools. Academically I don't think it is any worse than other county high schools.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:32 PM

481 posts, read 864,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Hardly ever get up that way anymore, but used to love the Ballard Park area of homes.

Not sure what the old Eau Gallie town boundaries were but have never thought of it as any more rundown or dangerous than a good share of old areas of Melbourne. JMHO

Eau Gallie Highschool has a good music department. Just don't hear as much about the school as much as some others because it isn't a sports powerhouse like some of the other highschools. Academically I don't think it is any worse than other county high schools.
Eau Gallie HS is all good. My wife went there years back, though not the same as the good ole days, but still academically a very good school as with all the other HS's in our area. But yeah, they are not on top with their sports as they used to be, thus one reason they are not heard too much of.

Yeah, the community over by Ballard Park is a real descent community, as I have family in that community. Ballard Park is always a nice park to chill out at, and used to be a good spot for fishing as well. But the community north of Eau Gallie Blvd. (old downtown district) is never looking good with the exception of a strip on Pineapple near the Library.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 PM

6 posts, read 12,575 times
eau gallie boyz will hijack yo valubles son and maybe the vehichle too ... best be strapped yah mean!?@?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County