Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2011, 07:15 PM

3 posts, read 4,774 times

Advertisements

We currently live in SC. My husband is from Vero / Sebastian. We are Moving for lower crime rate and to be close to family. Can anyone tell me anything about Lake Pointe Apartments in Melbourne off of North Wickham, before you get to Parkway Dr. That is our only option for transferring to a sister Bell Property. We have a 1 year old so I don't want to put myself in the "bad" part of town.
Thanks for your time!
Nicole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 AM

264 posts, read 774,500 times
i'd say go for it, Melbourne is beautiful and it truly is happily ever after.

Old 11-16-2011, 02:44 PM

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:09 PM

13 posts, read 33,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
i'd say go for it, Melbourne is beautiful and it truly is happily ever after.
You were blasting the area in another thread a couple weeks ago. Why don't you just be honest with the OP?

Old 11-16-2011, 06:19 PM

15 posts, read 42,749 times
Although I can not recommend or recommend this area, as I am not from the area...hoping to be soon, still waiting to hear on a short sale, I want to express my concern, I have followed these threads for over 9 months, and have never heard cfo. say anything good about the area..cfo.evo clearly has had some bad experiences, his posts make it very clear. From what he has posted in the past, it does not appear he is living in the area any longer, and I must say he does appear to be doing much better, and I am happy for him. You can refer to the post: Bowpow (Full review of Palm Bay, Melbourne, West Melbourne, Rockledge, and Viera.) Not everyone has had the same experience as cfo.evo. My concern lies with the fact I do not believe he was being honest with you, it does not sound like him to say anything good about the area. Having a one year old, and moving to a new area can be very scarey. Nicole1635 I would recommend reading past threads, and email those who live there and appear to give honest opinions (there are many). I have emailed several people directly, and always get a great, honest response. Good luck with your move, I wish the best for you and your family.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM

264 posts, read 774,500 times
the lake pointe apartments do look really nice and it is near melbourne BCC so thats a plus. i'd recommend sticking to that general area and northward toward suntree/viera or east toward beachside. most areas south of that you may find sketchy and not so attractive to raise a child, but there are still choices.

p.s. i have had bad experiences with judgmental people in melbourne/palm bay but all is well once they find out what i do for a living. although its too bad i have little respect for narrow minded a** kissers.

good luck, i hope you will be happy with your decision and find your move enjoyable

Old 11-17-2011, 06:37 AM

15 posts, read 42,749 times
Thanks cfo, now that sounds sincere. It appears you are doing well with your relocation, I am glad to hear this. Take care....and best of luck.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:09 PM

54 posts, read 125,158 times
It's a safe area and very convenient. I haven't been in the apartment personally, but they look well taken care of on the outside, so I'd say you'd be fine in moving there.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:44 PM

Thank you everyone! I am going to continue to search, it's now between there or a rental home on Vero/Sebastian. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County