U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 03:32 PM

42 posts, read 56,745 times

Advertisements

thanks for replying. I really appreciate it.

My little guy (dog) is just barely 6 lbs. While he is full gown he is young enough to have some energy.
Right now I live in a single family home so I guess I was concerned about sound proofing in the villas.

So far, Ive been attracted to the idea of the villas as some of the exterior of the homes are included in the maintenance. Im getting tired of repair bills on my older home so in retirement Im looking for less things to take care of.

Your replies are great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 07:04 PM

32 posts, read 76,202 times
Default heritage Isle pros/cons

Glad I could help! I know what you mean. We downsized to a small single family home here in Heritage Isle, also got tired of having rooms I never used and exterior repairs. They do paint the houses here the first time after 5 years, then every 7 years after that. Landscaping is also taken care of. In the villas, any roof maintenance is included, so is termite preventative. Enjoying having less work to do!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:05 PM

638 posts, read 1,202,457 times
Silk, do you know approximately how many homes are planned in total, including all types of housing (villas, condos, etc.) when the community is finished? Or perhaps the builder doesn't know yet if they have more land left to build on.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:11 AM

32 posts, read 57,065 times
May I chime in??...from what I have heard from friends that live there is when the final phase, #8 - which the land is being cleared now, is completed there will be a total of approx. 1,900 homes. Also there's talk about building two more condo buildings which will be built along side the others. The new phase 8 will be like the other phases where they mix villas (multifamily) in with individual houses, which always seemed strange to me. One concern: when it comes to functions at the clubhouse, will it be able to accommodate all these additional people? Time will tell.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:49 AM

I agree, that is a concern about the clubhouse. People live in these communities partly for social reasons - at least that would be one of my motivations - so it would be a waste if you can't get into the functions when you want to.

Old 03-24-2014, 05:42 PM

Do you know how many tennis courts are in Heritage Isle, and if they are Har Tru?

Old 03-25-2014, 07:33 AM

32 posts, read 57,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenpearl View Post
Do you know how many tennis courts are in Heritage Isle, and if they are Har Tru?

I never played there but from what I can see when I drive by is they have 4 courts - 2 hard, 2 green clay.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM

The Clubhouse situation is already a problem, many groups being shifted from room to room to accommodate the new restaurant. The ballroom is being used for private functions once in a while, so many of the clubs that use that space have to relocate to other areas.The gym is never really full, sometimes it is almost empty certain times of the day. When the snowbirds go back, the pool is also empty at times. So far, the Club has done a good job of finding space for clubs and activities, and some of the parties are being held on two nights instead of just one. But eventually as more people move in, finding more space will become an issue.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:35 PM

Lennar usually builds big clubhouses - I've stayed at their Heritage Harbour/River Strand community in Bradenton. I guess no size is big enough once you get a lot of clubs, activities and other things going simultaneously. Especially in a retirement community, where I think the clubhouses are used more than in younger family communities. Retired people have more time to socialize and are usually looking to do so.

Old 03-27-2014, 05:31 PM

We were very impressed with the 32,000 s/f clubhouse in Solivita, in Kissimmee, FL. Visited there a few years ago and a second 19,000 s/f clubhouse was added. At the time, the area wasn't too convenient to shopping and medical facilities. I'm sure more conveniences have been built since then. Will have to go back for a visit and check it out sometime. Expanding our Clubhouse in Heritage Isle was brought up at one of our meetings, but it would take years if approved, and the dues would increase...never a popular thing to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County