U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 02:43 PM

21,114 posts, read 30,196,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
In your previous post you said Viera will go down hill in 7-10 years. I have a friend in Hammock Lakes. His neighborhood was built in 1994. Looks pretty good to me. I think you have preconceived notions.
I didn't say all of Viera. Also remember the housing bust has stopped/slowed down new construction so there isn't a lot of new inventory out there. Wait until it starts up again. Another factor is neighborhoods with a high density of distressed homes and rentals. You know they're not going to be maintained over the long haul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 02:45 PM

21,114 posts, read 30,196,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4somepeace4 View Post
we live in Raleigh, want to move by the end of this year. Only been here 9 months and just not from us. We are from NY i like shopping malls, whole foods and trader joes any suggestions.

Thanks
What don't you like about Raleigh? It's fairly similar to much of the cities in Florida...

Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 3,009 times
I HAVE LIVED IN SUNTREE very nice, ENJOYED VIERA SHOPS good specialty stores , AND I AM REJOICING I HAVE BOUGHT MY HOME ON NORTH MERRITT ISLAND near everything and close to nothing... I HAVE THE BEST OF FLORIDA RIGHT HERE.. NEW AND OLD FLORIDA....all is great

Old 04-24-2012, 11:20 AM

14 posts, read 43,504 times
Thanks, thats exactly what I wanted to hear

Old 05-01-2012, 08:43 PM

153 posts, read 305,477 times
RUN RUN RUN from Merritt Island!!! Its a depressing area of old duplexes and trashy houses, even older restaurants, cars in the front yard, trashy people and an aging mall that should be torn down. The people there are disillusioned into thinking that they live on an "island", not quite. South Merritt Island is nice but make sure your on the south end of South Merritt Island and have some cash (500K+). Trust me, drive south down Tropical Trail from the Merritt Island high school area, cross 520 and look at all the "nice" neighborhoods. Especially nice are the painted bare block homes with no stucco or the day care center in a strip mall with the "playground" built into part of the parking lot with astro turf for grass. I'll take Viera, Suntree or North Melbourne (Pineda Area) before moving into a home on Merritt Island with a run down Space Center era home next to me. There's a reason why people pay more for Viera - convenience to everything, the wide sidewalks, bike paths and parks, safe neighborhoods, good schools, nice shopping and restaurants and not living in a run down area. Take a drive once your here and you'll understand.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:13 PM

23,869 posts, read 22,746,625 times
About 12 miles

Old 07-08-2012, 07:16 PM

3 posts, read 4,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4somepeace4 View Post
we live in Raleigh, want to move by the end of this year. Only been here 9 months and just not from us. We are from NY i like shopping malls, whole foods and trader joes any suggestions.

Thanks
We are from Chapel Hill. Get ready for a small town. The area is not as family oriented as rtp, but that may be changing. No whole foods, no trader joes, no organic push... Some areas, Viera, seem more disposable and consumer oriented. Having written that, we are moving to Viera because of the family friendly vibe.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:43 PM

12 posts, read 14,155 times
How about M.I. just off the 528? Seems nice and convenient. Any opinions? The only negative I know of is home owner's insurance!! Holy cow!!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:19 AM

9 posts, read 25,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
What don't you like about Raleigh? It's fairly similar to much of the cities in Florida...
I currently live in Chapel Hill, NC. It is nothing like or even similar to Florida. We are planning a move to Brevard county, as my husbands employer has a small office in Orlando, and we have family in Jupiter.

We've been in RTP for 6 years and (living in Cary and CH) and I can't wait to leave either!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:16 PM

3,258 posts, read 8,024,142 times
I didn't read all posts to know if anyone mentioned it, but keep in mind pretty much everything in Viera is going to be a deed restricted community. That itself would be a turn off for me. I love Merritt Island personally, except the mosquitoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County