U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 AM

5 posts, read 9,495 times

Advertisements

We recntly purchased a condo and need to buy furniture. I am from NJ and we have an assortment of furniture stores to pick and choose from. I am finding in Brevard County there aren't many options. Also, reading reviews of some of the stores don't make me feel very comfortable buying from the stores.

Our situation is even worse because although we plan on making this a permanent residence we are waiting for our daughter to graduate from high school in two years before moving so we are just making long weekend trips. This summer we will be there a couple weeks but that isn't long enough to buy and have it delivered. All the stores I called won't take orders over the phone. They require signed contracts and certified checks, not credit cards for orders other than one's made directly in store. I don't feel comfortable using cash and not having the security of a credit card guarantee.

We are looking for reclining leather sofas, tables, dining table and bedroom furniture. I'm so desperate that I've even tried buying the sofas at Sam's but everyone else must be in the same position because the Sam's sofas sellout so fast we can't seem to grab one.

Please help with any suggestions. This is so frustrating and we can't be the only ones. Where do people get decent quality furniture in the Cocoa Beach or surrounding areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:25 AM

10,576 posts, read 10,796,398 times
Lots of furniture stores along US-192 in Melbourne/West Melbourne.

What style are you looking for in particular?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:39 AM

1,490 posts, read 962,635 times
Yeah, 192 has a boatload of furniture stores.

Why can't you order online & schedule delivery for when you will be there?

Not sure if this is against rules but as an example (and I'm sure others are very similar)...Rooms-to-Go has a delivery number you can call to change the delivery date. They might let you pick the date when placing an order but I wasn't about to go that far as I don't need any furniture.

Information on Furniture Delivery, Shipping, Warranty & More :: Rooms To Go Customer Service :

Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 PM

5 posts, read 9,495 times
They won't allow us to order online. Apparently the rules are different in FL. They require a signed contract that they send to you and you send back with a certified check. No credit cards. I understand their issues but I am not comfortable making a cash deposit with no recourse.

What store are there. All I found was Kane's and Hudson and Hudson seems shady based on reviews.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetspot View Post
They won't allow us to order online. Apparently the rules are different in FL. They require a signed contract that they send to you and you send back with a certified check. No credit cards. I understand their issues but I am not comfortable making a cash deposit with no recourse.

What store are there. All I found was Kane's and Hudson and Hudson seems shady based on reviews.
Most furniture store chains should take credit cards, at least around here

Old 05-10-2012, 05:57 AM

504 posts, read 619,181 times
A lot of people use Rooms to go, or Layzboy, or any of about a dozen on New Haven/192. There is also a couple discount outlet type furniture places on 192. I actually never saw a city with more furniture available than Melbourne and I lived in Miami and DC area before. One or two closed on 192 because there were too many but I think another opened.

There is more furniture here than elsewhere but much is used because of FL being a state where people come and should I say leave behind furniture, or come for a short while to live and move back, or sell their vacation home, and many other reasons. Used furniture here is vast, there are places on 520 in Cocoa or in Melbourne near the causeways, etc. Can't think of names but those two locations but there are many good quality used furniture stores. Or if you like antique plenty of that or in Mt Dora or something.

I never saw a place with more furniture both new, used, and antique available. I never bought over the phone though.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:03 AM

1,490 posts, read 962,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetspot View Post

I dont understand how you're trying to place an order. Don't call the local branch if you are browsing the website...just order it online & call them. Unless you don't like using your credit card online (which I get that, but I didnt see you mention that was a concern).

You can clearly enter a credit card for payment on their website (in the R-2-G example). You mentioned Sams Club as well...they certainly accept credit cards online, in-store, etc. Are you dealing with a national brand furniture store? Or a local owned & operated (mom & pop type) store?

Honestly, if you don't want to enter credit cards online, and cannot go to the store in person for 15 minutes just to place the order, then you are definitely going to sound unusual to somebody over the phone. I'm sure you have your reasons for not being able to do your research, pick the furniture model #s you want, go there and tell them you want to buy them with a credit card, show them your ID so they can validate who you are, etc; but you have to understand that this sounds like the oldest scam in the book to them.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM

If you're a baller though with serious $$$$ and a love for elegant, contemporary furniture, make the drive over to Altamonte Springs or South Orlando and visit Scan Design. I love that style.... I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive!

Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM

504 posts, read 619,181 times
Here are a couple links to used furniture in area. I bought a Layzboy sofa at first place they delivered next day.

Westside Pre-Owned Furniture

Near the casueway
Rick's Furniture Consignment - YouTube

Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,005,380 times
North Carolina.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County