Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,543 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My husband and I are looking to move to the Melbourne, FL area. I will hopefully be attending Keiser University there. What is the crime, jobs, entertainment, and housing like there? I have done some research but would like more information. Are the bugs as really bad as everyone says they are in Florida?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 11:07 AM

2 posts, read 11,418 times
Housing market has gone down so much, it is time to buy. The best part of Melbourne is a little north of it called, Viera. (zip code 32940 or 32955). Look at InnoVia Internet MLS System for housing. Bugs are bad !! I have lived here for seven years, and never once had a bug in my house, but I live very clean. If you are going to rent, make sure you get into a place with screened in porch or balkony. Finding a job is not easy; there is not much entertainment here, but it is quiet and safe for the most part. I would not live in Palm Bay, that is where most of the crime is. Suntree and Viera ara your best choices. You can take US1 or I-95 to anywhere and since there is no trafic here at all you could commute easily. I live in Viera and work in Melbourne, it takes about 20 minutes in the morning. Do not ever look for public transportation E-mail me if you have any other questions. Good Luck

Old 10-08-2007, 06:34 PM

5 posts, read 20,110 times
Bugs are bad, get a pest control co.. I have no problem in my house.
I live south of Melbourne, a place called Barefoot Bay.
We worry more about storms than bugs. LOL

Old 10-09-2007, 05:13 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,053,371 times
Melbourne is a pretty safe place. You will enjoy it! just make sure that you purchase a type of boat...fishing is awesome.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 AM

14 posts, read 80,404 times
I have been here almost 12 years. You will find a little of everything here...beaches, older neighborhoods, newer areas like Viera, whatever you are looking for. The schools are excellent and the recreation is abundant. The cost of living seems pretty reasonable as well.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:25 PM

101 posts, read 311,097 times
If you want "entertainment" plan to drive to Orlando. The beaches are rather dirty in the Melbourne area. If you go to Vero they are nicer. Melbourne is a cheaper place in FL to live but teh job market sucks and the bugs particularly spiders... HUGE (I mean HUGE) ones! Crime isn't bad, most of what happens has a reason behind it. There are those occasional punks that do things for no reason but thats rare. Brevard co cops are bad. Watch it on 95, fines are higher in Brevard CO. There's not much to Melbourne, I bet you could find somewhere better if you look. Oh and one more thing... FPL, our power company is owned by Satan himself they bill you like crazy and have no sympathy, pay 2 days past your due date twice in a row you get an additional deposit. And they bills aint cheap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County