U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM

44 posts, read 147,470 times

Advertisements

I'm curious about how many CDDs there are around the Melbourne and Viera areas. We are considering a move here and love what we see in Viera, but I'm assuming they are a CDD? Is all of Viera in a CDD? What about Melbourne? Or is Viera considered part of Melbourne? Also, what are the CDD fees like in Viera? Are they on top of annual taxes or in addition?

TIA
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM

24 posts, read 34,203 times
We've been told that there are no CDDs in Viera. We're building there currently.

Part of Viera is Melbourne, part is Rockledge.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:40 PM

3,552 posts, read 6,176,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat22885 View Post
We've been told that there are no CDDs in Viera. We're building there currently.

Part of Viera is Melbourne, part is Rockledge.
Actually there are CDDs in Viera. I was surprised when I read your comment that there wasn't, so I did a search Viera, Florida and CDDs and found this.

Heritage Isle at Viera CDD

Viera East Community Development District

Old 07-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Actually there are CDDs in Viera. I was surprised when I read your comment that there wasn't, so I did a search Viera, Florida and CDDs and found this.

Heritage Isle at Viera CDD

Viera East Community Development District
Hm. I stand corrected, I apologize.

We asked and were told that by either the Builder or my Real Estate Agent...I don't remember which. I guess the response was just for the specific community...

Old 07-27-2012, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. I did a search for CDD info but couldn't come up with anything (that I'm familiar with). I did find info about Heritage Isle, but from what I could tell that is a 55+ community. Not sure about Viera East. From the Viera website there are plenty of communities there. So are some of them in a CDD and others are not?

Kat22885, which community are you building in?

Old 07-28-2012, 06:08 AM

We're building in one of the neighborhoods in the Villages of South Salerno. Though I think I'll be double checking the CDD now!

Old 07-30-2012, 09:42 PM

Anyone else?

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 AM

For anyone interested, we just got back from visiting Melbourne/Cocoa Beach. We visited the Viera realty office and learned that mostly the older neighborhoods of Viera east have CDDs. The new construction areas do not. We also visited a couple of the model home centers and each of the realtors we spoke to confirmed this.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:21 AM

3 posts, read 2,605 times
Carrie8038

That is correct. When Viera started there was a CDD fee but that has mostly been eliminated. In some area's of the older part of Viera east you will still find those fees. In the new parts of Viera on the West side of I95 there is not a CDD fee however each individual community has their own HOA fees and those range from $200 a year up to $3,000 a year. The HOA depends on what the community offers. Some take care of your lawn and landscaping,have automatic gates or 24 hour manned guard gates, lakes, golf courses, playgrounds, clubhouses etc... There is also a Viera Master HOA on the west side that is about $150 a year. This helps to maintain all the local parks and common areas that make Viera so beautiful and desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County