Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM

48 posts, read 156,228 times

Advertisements

Just wondering...

Are there a lot of wealthy families (say 250K+/year) living in Cocoa Beach and/or the surrounding areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 10:22 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,212,974 times
Id say the wealthiest areas in Brevard are Viera, Cocoa Beach and the other beachside areas (Satellite, Indiatlantic, Melbourne beach).

Old 10-04-2012, 06:33 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,111,981 times
There is a stretch of nothing but oceanfront homes for 10 city blocks in south Cocoa Beach plus plenty of others scattered among the condos elsewhere in Cocoa Beach. Plus the big Banana River homes in River Falls, Sunset Cove and elsewhere in the city. As it's hard to maintain a million dollar plus property on workingman's wages I'd guess that the answer to your question (as relates to Cocoa Beach) is yes. The long stretch of luxurious oceanfront homes from Mel Beach south to the Inlet tells me there's a lot of money down that way, too.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM

20 posts, read 36,443 times
Merritt Island south of Pineda Causeway, called Tropical Trail.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM

25 posts, read 67,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyG60 View Post
Merritt Island south of Pineda Causeway, called Tropical Trail.

Thats the worse place to buy a home unless you like driving on a bike path...the 2 lane road is hardly wide enough for big car.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 PM

3,972 posts, read 8,102,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahara12 View Post
Thats the worse place to buy a home unless you like driving on a bike path...the 2 lane road is hardly wide enough for big car.
Yes, it is a winding 2 lane road, but have you ever looked at the homes? It is beautiful out there.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 AM

587 posts, read 1,082,126 times
What an amusing thread.

Why on earth would the 'wealth' of your neighbours be a significant factor?

(I ask this as a foreigner - a 'resident alium' (pace, Chuck ) of some standing.)

I've been a member of this forum for 2 or 3 years. I do live locally, (though I spend half of my life in Bavaria) and you really wouldn't want to listen to any advice from me. BUT: There are a few posters on this forum who've lived in the area for many years, know a great deal about the area and whose advice - I suggest - is worth its weight in gold.

Were you to seek them out and were you to ask for their advice on where to live, I'm not sure that they would point you at those areas inhabited by the 'most wealthy' people. They would, however (if you asked them nicely) tell you the best places to live.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:01 PM

83 posts, read 174,997 times
Just wondering............ do poor negro's live in the ghetto?

Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM

48 posts, read 156,228 times
I am not really sure why this type of question is "amusing." I thought the purpose of these kinds of forums were to get information, especially if you weren't from the area, but were potentially relocating from out of state (like we are).

And I am glad that I asked it b/c some people like chopchop and BillyG60 were able to provide me with useful information (so thank you!)

Last edited by elizalamar; 10-24-2012 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: .

Old 10-27-2012, 09:40 PM

587 posts, read 1,082,126 times
I'm glad you got the information you wanted, Eliza - but I was amused by the question. I - like most other people - want to know what an area is like before I move there, but 'wealth' isn't one of the parameters I would ordinarily consider.

I've heard Americans - and others - suggest that Brits are overly 'class conscious'. I'm not sure I would agree, but I can understand why some might think that.

Does 'money' replace social standing in America?

When I was a lad, I had a friend called Simon. His father was a belted Earl and didn't have 2 cents to rub together. Nice family? - Certainly! Trust them? - Certainly. Wealthy? - Poor as church mice.

I've lived in low-income neighbourhoods where the people were decent and I felt safe. I've also lived in more affluent areas where I would lock my trash can.

I'm aware (and I haven't spent very much time here) that there are some areas where one is fairly safe and there are others where crime - particularly acquisitive crime - rates are high.

What I was trying to suggest (and the message probably didn't get through) is that there are one or two posters on this forum who have extensive knowledge of the local area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County