Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 05:58 PM

22 posts, read 22,194 times

Advertisements

We plan to relocate to Florida in a few years, and I've been researching different areas to compare what our true cost of living might be.

I'd like to GOLF as much as possible! At least 3 -4 rounds per week. I currently live in an area where I can play a round for $25 - $35. Not the greatest courses, but not pasture fields.

I've been checking course websites in Florida to get an idea about green fees in different areas. It looks like for the area from Cocoa down to Melbourne and Palm Bay, a morning round is about $35 - $40 (18 holes w/cart).

Does that sound about right for Melbourne, Palm Bay, and Cocoa? Any info would be appreciated. Cost of GOLF is a major factor in our relocation decision!

It looks like the gulf side is pricier at $75 and up.

Thanks!

Last edited by HBSoli; 01-28-2019 at 06:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 06:03 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,827,261 times
Patrick AFB (Manatee - a very nice, well-maintained course) was open to the public at a very nominal fee. Even an annual membership was only about $800. But, this was a few years ago.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:35 AM

12 posts, read 46,225 times
Patrick AFB - MANATEE COVE GOLF COURSE

Manatee Cove is a scenic 18-hole golf course, par 72, located between the Banana River and the Atlantic Ocean. The course covers 260 acres and is shared by many wild animal species.

They do take civilian access applications (requires background, etc.).

Old 01-29-2019, 06:48 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBSoli View Post
We plan to relocate to Florida in a few years, and I've been researching different areas to compare what our true cost of living might be.

I'd like to GOLF as much as possible! At least 3 -4 rounds per week. I currently live in an area where I can play a round for $25 - $35. Not the greatest courses, but not pasture fields.

I've been checking course websites in Florida to get an idea about green fees in different areas. It looks like for the area from Cocoa down to Melbourne and Palm Bay, a morning round is about $35 - $40 (18 holes w/cart).

Does that sound about right for Melbourne, Palm Bay, and Cocoa? Any info would be appreciated. Cost of GOLF is a major factor in our relocation decision!

It looks like the gulf side is pricier at $75 and up.

Thanks!
Most are about $48-$50 in the morning. Cheaper in the afternoon when the sun is beating down on you.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the info.

I checked out Manatee's website. The current non-DoD Civilian rate is $52 for 18 holes w/cart. But, they have a Winter Special going for $40 (drops to $27 at 2 pm and $20 after 4 pm). The full rate drops to $40 in Summer.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:56 PM

Are the City of Melbourne's courses any good? Crowded? Mallards Landing and Crane Creek Reserve.

Current rates are $37 for 18 holes w/cart. $31 after 1 pm.
Premier Annual Pass is $2,700 including cart, range balls, etc. (I assume for play at both courses?).

Old 01-30-2019, 06:19 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,441 times
You hit upon a good point, the golf calendar is inverted here. Winter and spring are the expensive seasons. You can play for considerably less money in the summer and fall, especially in the afternoon.

Haven't played in awhile but I remember the Melbourne courses as being decent for munis. My relatives of the senior persuasion like Spessard Holland in Melbourne Beach, a par-67 executive course that catches some ocean breeze.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:16 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBSoli View Post
Are the City of Melbourne's courses any good? Crowded? Mallards Landing and Crane Creek Reserve.

Current rates are $37 for 18 holes w/cart. $31 after 1 pm.
Premier Annual Pass is $2,700 including cart, range balls, etc. (I assume for play at both courses?).
The one on 192 is kinda rough. Had some problems but cheaper than Crane Creek. Many of the golf courses let you use sites like Golf Now to book and get better price. My son's friends use it, but some places treat them like 2nd citizens and try to make them walk away without playing. Check it out. Play late enough in the day and you can play for less than $20 at the Majors in Palm Bay. Lots of newby's learning to play at that time.

Another fun thing to do is go to Top Golf in Orlando or the place like it in Vero Beach .

Old 01-31-2019, 09:33 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,214,784 times
Cocoa Beach Country Club (27 holes) ranges from $64 during peak season to $47 off-season for non-residents for 18 with a cart. Price drops after noon. Residents get decent discounts. We get crowded during snowbird season and it can be very slow as the rangers don't enforce a reasonable pace. I rarely subject myself to the agony between New Years and Easter.

I play over in the Dunedin/Clearwater area often and rates there are similar. Dunedin Country Club is the former home of the PGA and is a beautiful Donald Ross designed course and is cheaper than Cocoa Beach as are several other courses in the area.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:44 AM

12 posts, read 22,324 times
Default Golf Prices

Go to Thehabitatgolf.com Golf Brevard is a non-profit managing 2 courses for Brevard county,
The Habitat and Spessard Holland golf courses.
You can buy different memberships or a discount card that will give you discounts at both courses. The Habitat is off Valkaria road in Grant Valkaria next to Brevard county Airport.

Spessard Holland is located off A1A in Melbourne beach ,give them a call and they can answer all your questions.

The Habitats Phone Number is 321-952-6312 Their address is 3591 Fairgreens rd.

Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County