Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 06:39 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,313,814 times

Advertisements

Boeing unveils new capsule destined for space | Brevard County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 01:58 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,174,501 times
Did you just find out about it? It's called Orion. They are supposed to test that on Dec 5th, but they will be using the Delta IV rocket(s) instead of the boosters on the SLS. The 2017 is the date the whole setup is supposed to be ready for launch. A mockup/full size model is on display at the KSC (outside the Atlantis exhibit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UvHVuF2vac

NASA | Exploration Systems Development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhzIWeZedJM

Still, this is good news .. (btw, they should've built this before retiring the Space shuttle)

Old 06-16-2014, 11:54 AM

91 posts, read 149,545 times
My husband is a rocket engineer with 15 years experience and we currently live in the Denver area. It is really expensive here and we were thinking of relocating to the Cape. Would you say there are a good amount of jobs there?

Old 07-30-2014, 09:15 PM

TeleTech to add 300 jobs to Melbourne facility | Brevard County

Old 08-16-2014, 12:07 AM

California offers tax credits for aerospace as it battles Florida for jobs

Old 08-16-2014, 04:14 AM

232 posts, read 398,035 times
CA has left themselves open for a discrimination lawsuit by this legislation. Offering tax incentives to 2 businesses just to keep them there, but not to all businesses, is a huge can of worms. This is typical of Jerry Brown and his minions, and is one of the main reasons we left the state.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:11 AM

329 posts, read 387,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaGirlX View Post
We just finished a great weekend visiting the area and schools and are excited to relocate from the northeast. I'm wondering if anyone has a read on what businesses or contractors may be expanding into the space coast area. I have heard that the shuttle areas may convert to private use for launches and other hi tech or R&D businesses are looking to move in. I work from home and am not looking for work - just wondering what sort of movement can be expected in the next few years. It seems that the housing market is on an upturn. Anyone have any read on what is actually happening? Reliable consistent info seems hard to find. Thanks!
Heard your story a million times, by people that within a year "hated it here".
Its not all Mickey Mouse and rocket ships. Any thing you do, you can make more money elsewhere. Unless you like mowing lawns.
I have worked at Harris Corp, Rockwell and a couple smaller tech companies. Unless you are degreed engineer, don't bother. You will go nowhere fast.
Housing is flat, thanks to the banks. Plenty for sale, plenty empty and some good deals if you go in all cash.
Otherwise the banks are willing to let them sit and rot and the cities are willing to collect no taxes. Short sales can take up to 2 years with no closing date guarantee.
Oh, and its hot. Real hot and real muggy with lots of bugs. Just like "I" like it, but many people find that living day to day, working day to day in it is way different than visiting. Just like snow, fun to visit up north. No way I would live there.
Don't think I don't like this area, I do. I love it. Been here since 1970 and don't see my self living anywhere else. OK, except the Keys.
I wish we had more of a "business district" with more different type of businesses. Not so tech heavy or customer service based. But it is what it is.
We have quick access the beach, love the beach. And miles of intracoastal waterways that are great with some good river bank bars.
Not the night life you will find in Lauderdale or Miami or even Orlando. But laid back and fine with that.
If you don't get your panties in a wad over guys on ATVs, surfers, boaters, jet skiers, skaters and other outdoor fun lovers. You will be fine. But believe me, many people move here and hate all of it.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:02 AM

2 posts, read 4,640 times
Default Florida

Florida Arrest Records and Warrants Search
[url=http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/person/displayWantedPersonsSearch.a]FDLE Public Access System | Wanted Persons Search[/url]

Old 08-27-2014, 09:22 PM

Embraer inks deal to bring 600 jobs to Space Coast | Brevard County

Old 08-31-2014, 11:03 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,681,363 times
I just came back from spending a week down in Cocoa Beach and the Port Canaveral area. I can say a lot has been going on at the port which depending on your view can be good or bad. The good for economy of the area is that the port is thriving now and more development is happening. A new cruise ship terminal is being built (fast I may add) that will handle the passing cruise ships as a port of call. That alone will bring more people into the area which should help the local economy with increased foot traffic. The huge freight crane looks done and will allow cargo to be dropped off right at the port vs further north. I keep hearing the local realtors as well as merchants that things should be improving. So am optimistic about the area overall. I will say from a personal opinion, I like the port just the way it was. Distant cruise ships docking at their slips across the port and little sign of industry other than the gas tanks. Now it will be much more built up and more industrial so some of the old town feel will be lost. I do see prices in real estate on the rise in most areas. When that happens, it usually means the economy is picking up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County