Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:13 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times

Advertisements

Was it deposits you didn't realize you would need to pay?

No it was various inspection fees never mentioned until the bank called for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 08:28 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Was it deposits you didn't realize you would need to pay?

No it was various inspection fees never mentioned until the bank called for them.
Wow, for you to rent a home? That does not sound right. Rent to own?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:32 AM

No we were going to buy at first. The houses couldn't pass inspections. One had had the copper wire stole n from the meter box into the attic and down the walls. Don't remember much about the first house except mold and hidden termite damage. The lease went through like STP is slick.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Zillow posts warnings about renting from an unknown source. Scams are common. We got our lease through a local property management company. I'd never lease from an individual because of all the scams. Zillow lets you filter for a lot of parameters. I always went and looked at the house before contacting an agent. And the neighborhood too. I had several get away before I could even contact the agent. One agent told me Zillow was not up to date but I found the same problem worse on the Brevard MLS site. Often an agent will have a contract on a property whether rental or for sale. If so I moved to my next choice. I'd make a list of 6 before even contacting the agent. Really cheap houses are being gobbled up by speculators. Probably the safest sales are short sales directly with banks. Avoid Homepath. Not good. To much hidden not discussed until you sign. Then comes the things the bank wants that are not refundable. Neva Eva again. We are looking at lots in north Indian River County just across the county line to build on next year. I need a half acre garden and to be closer to the water front restaurants and boat ramps.
1/2 acre garden? That can be expensive endeavor down here. We tried a small one and now just always buy from other peoples' stands. Soil is not good here so had to bring in soil and still use a lot of fertilizer and still did not get a good crop. We finally filled our whole yard this year and replanted grass. Starting to look pretty good, but some areas where they had the above ground pool and brought in more sand is finally covered. Had to plant twice there. LOL Going to try growing tomatoes in pots next year.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:07 AM

That is small to what my grandparents had. I'm a several generation FL native and know all about our sandy soil & how to feed which plants what. I spent 12 years farming black clay soils to in the mid west. There are many huge farms in the areas of FL most people never see. Watermelons, squash, tomatoes, eggplant, cucumbers, potatoes, etc. Thousands of acres of sweetcorn right south of me. Most of the stands now arouond here now are not selling what they grew but buying in case lots from the big farmers markets and it is not fresh. We can and freeze most everything we know how to grow. FL sand will grow lots of things real well. Tomatoes are not the best unless you have a small belt of land in certain areas of the state. Knowing what varieties is also important and the seasons to plant in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County