Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 PM

12 posts, read 24,750 times

Advertisements

Thanks again Vince, that is helpful. I am looking for an area of the viera feel. We currently live in a bit of an upscale area of New Jersey, and I want to mirror what we have but in Florida. Thank you for all the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 03:59 PM

Just got back from melbourne. We loved it but are trying to decide if certain areas of melbourne are as fitting as viera. We liked many parts but kept coming back to viera.
Any suggestions or input on neighborhoods.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:14 PM

153 posts, read 357,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey1215 View Post
Just got back from melbourne. We loved it but are trying to decide if certain areas of melbourne are as fitting as viera. We liked many parts but kept coming back to viera.
Any suggestions or input on neighborhoods.
When were you here Jersey and what areas did you get to see? Did you get a chance to see the swans in the pond next to Murrell Road having their babies (in East Viera)? It seems like everyone in the county has been there for weeks taking pictures. Lol.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:47 PM

116 posts, read 262,527 times
Add us to the list of those thinking of the Melbourne area. Originally was looking farther inland but it seems Brevard county is possibly less sinkhole prone than the central counties and at least hurricanes give advance notice. Is homeowners/ flood insurance reasonable and obtainable in the Melbourne/Palm Bay area?

Old 04-24-2014, 05:09 PM

We checked rockledge to chastain, we spent a lot of time from Barnes down to n wickham, we also liked suntree area. I still like the chastain area too, but a realtor told us the chastain area was not as good as I thought it was or as a bit north of the area. What do you think?

Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 AM

153 posts, read 357,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey1215 View Post
We checked rockledge to chastain, we spent a lot of time from Barnes down to n wickham, we also liked suntree area. I still like the chastain area too, but a realtor told us the chastain area was not as good as I thought it was or as a bit north of the area. What do you think?
I believe the Chastain area that you have mentioned is Chastain Drive in Grand Haven. If so, we as a family are looking to move out of here. The HOA here is run like a bad branch of the mafia and is pretty much useless these days.

There have been a lot of investors buying up homes here and renting them out to some real undesirable people too. Due to this, we are moving on after being homeowners here since the beginning (2001). Its not a bad area, just not as good as it used to be.

Anywhere south of Barnes to Wickham is a great choice. We're moving to that area, just behind the stadium in Viera. There you'll find low crime, great housing choices, good schools, new shopping and good restaurants being close by, not to mention being @ 15 - 20 minutes to the beach.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by in_newengland; 10-28-2014 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: advertising/spam

Old 04-28-2014, 07:15 PM

80 posts, read 142,092 times
We have been talking about moving to Florida for years. We just had friends move to Satellite, we visited and ended up staying a extra week in a half. We love it and can't wait to move, living beach side.
We toured private schools all over Florida, we like Holy Trinity in Melbourne.
I'm only 33 years old, i'm giving up my home and business in Columbus Ohio, ripping my kids from school to make this happen. It's scary, but i feel we will be ok and love some sunshine.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:04 AM

Thanks again Vince. I did like the areas south of Barnes to N Wickham, I also found some house just south of N Wickham too. We also looked at the South end of Rockledge, the Viera section. I wanted to make sure that my son is in the right school system, like Manatee, Quest, Suntree etc.. and eventually in the Viera HS.
The Chastain house were great value for the money, but I want quality neighbors, and that is where my concerns were.
We looked into the Sonoma development which seemed pretty nice and streets like Wexford and Auburn lakes. Now it is a matter of deciding how important lake views are, and if Im giving up yard space, which is important with a child (and dogs).
We are trying to head down again in June, to look at some houses, it just seems as though things are selling so rapidly. Thanks again and if any advise you come up with please feel free to share.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:46 AM

90 posts, read 175,169 times
I love the info on this thread...very informative. However, I am wondering if there are any neighborhoods that have a summer swim league. That is very popular here in NC and it has been a big part of my children's lives. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County