Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,594 times

Advertisements

I think I incorrectly posted this on another thread. Sorry.

Questions...Why do they show the S Patrick Shores area as wildly depreciating? What is the issue? Is it plane noise? Crime?

My other question is why the real estate sites have stopped listing Satellite Beach HS as the high school even for Satellite Beach itself? They list high schools miles away, but still keep the close middle school....De Laura, I believe.

I would really appreciate some feedback. Also, just how brutal are the summers? Can't be as bad as AZ, right?

Thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 04:49 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
You've gotten some erroneous information. I just pulled a few random single family homes that closed this year in South Patrick Shores and all sold prices are higher than those during the 2008 onward years. Prices are still way below the 2005-2006 crazy prices but significantly higher than 2008-2010. Prices are moving up, not down. The planes have always been here. Sat. Bch High is still there and doing fine.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:22 AM

27 posts, read 51,416 times
I agree with insider1, they are appreciating in S Patrick shores. They are lower priced than other areas of Sat Beach or Indian Harbour. Generally the homes are older/smaller hence the lower price

Old 04-29-2014, 04:28 PM

80 posts, read 142,259 times
Im heading to satellite beach this weekend to check out some houses, kids have a shadowing day at Holy Trinity..

Looking Forward to some sunshine

Old 05-23-2014, 07:43 PM

28 posts, read 82,112 times
We just moved from the Satellite Beach/Indian Harbour Beach area. I would say that while some houses are a bit outdated and not kept up, I would not hesitate to move back to the area. And yes, summers are hot- but I find it more comfortable than Arizona in the summer by far. Also- the beachside gets the nice ocean breezes. We would always be 10 degrees cooler than my cousin in St Cloud. Enjoy!!!

Old 05-24-2014, 08:00 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
So Patrick shores is a much older area than other parts of Satellite Beach - Many of the homes were built in the 60's and have not been updated or modernized much.

Satellite High is still the primary high school in the area. However, boundary lines of Melbourne actually slice across the beachside barrier island around Satellite Beach. Thus, some students in the same general area will find themselves in another school district. So. Patrick Shores may fall into this category ... sending them to Melbourne High ... or other.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:37 AM

593 posts, read 1,355,945 times
On the beachside, Satellite High's zone includes the AFB and everything south of it to Eau Gallie Blvd. North of the AFB is zoned for Cocoa Beach. Eau Gallie Blvd. southward is zoned for Melbourne.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:52 PM

40 posts, read 68,479 times
Is one high school better than the other between Satellite & Melbourne Highs? Is it accurate to say that Gemini Elem goes to Melbourne, and the other beachside elementaries go to Satellite High? And what about the middle school/schools for the beachside elementary?

We are now about 90% sure we will be moving down this summer, and as far as I am concerned nothing but beachside will do! I think I am focusing on Indiatlantic & Melbourne Beach.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:28 PM

593 posts, read 1,355,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by essdeebee View Post
Is one high school better than the other between Satellite & Melbourne Highs? Is it accurate to say that Gemini Elem goes to Melbourne, and the other beachside elementaries go to Satellite High? And what about the middle school/schools for the beachside elementary?
Yes, Gemini kids would go to Melbourne High. Indialantic Elementary would end up at Melbourne, too, since its zone is south of Eau Gallie Boulevard.

The beachside middle schools are DeLaura and Hoover. DeLaura is north, just down the street from Satellite High, and everyone at DeLaura would go to Satellite. Hoover is south, in Indialantic. Most of those students will go to Melbourne, but the Hoover zone includes a section north of Eau Gallie, and those kids will end up at Satellite (the feeder zones are not exact).

As far as the high schools, "better" is a subjective term. Academically, their metrics are pretty similar and they both have a lot of standout students and programs. Melbourne is considerably bigger than Satellite, which can be good or bad, depending on your perspective.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,684,176 times
Beachside, you will get some refreshing breezes, but the high humidity is still pretty brutal in the summer months, in my opinion. Not the dry heat of AZ. Much more rain in the morning and evenings as well which contribute to that humidity, but cools things down a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County