Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 05:45 AM

32 posts, read 78,238 times

Advertisements

Not sure what to make of this but this past Saturday my doorbell rang and this guy, around mid 20's, said he was in the neighborhood promoting a new store that's located in the Publix shopping center on Wickham. He tried to give me an American flag just for listening about this new business. I asked him if he had a business card etc. which he said no. He wanted me to look at this so-called "new product" that was in the back of his vehicle (a silver Honda Pilot which was oddly parked in my driveway and not on the street). There was an older guy (maybe his father) sitting in the drivers seat who didn't move. This whole thing seemed very fishy to me so I refused the flag and told him to leave. This event might have been legit but I really think he wanted to get me out of the house, distract me, while the other person went into the garage (the door was open) and/or into the house - not sure. This is just a heads-up and to be aware.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2014, 11:20 AM

329 posts, read 387,513 times
What neighborhood?

Old 08-31-2014, 10:07 AM

19 posts, read 24,155 times
interesting thanks
pays to be cautious around here - even in nice neighborhoods...sometimes especially in nice neighborhoods

Old 09-01-2014, 06:19 PM

32 posts, read 78,238 times
Our development is right off of Murrell in Viera. Here again, this happened a month ago with no other issues.

Old 12-08-2014, 02:52 AM

2 posts, read 1,784 times
Default casper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun4Us View Post
Not sure what to make of this but this past Saturday my doorbell rang and this guy, around mid 20's, said he was in the neighborhood promoting a new store that's located in the Publix shopping center on Wickham. He tried to give me an American flag just for listening about this new business. I asked him if he had a business card etc. which he said no. He wanted me to look at this so-called "new product" that was in the back of his vehicle (a silver Honda Pilot which was oddly parked in my driveway and not on the street). There was an older guy (maybe his father) sitting in the drivers seat who didn't move. This whole thing seemed very fishy to me so I refused the flag and told him to leave. This event might have been legit but I really think he wanted to get me out of the house, distract me, while the other person went into the garage (the door was open) and/or into the house - not sure. This is just a heads-up and to be aware.
Best you asked him to leave always best to be careful these days people are desperate and capable of anything it's a shame we as people no longer can trust anyone like it was growing up good for you I'm happy u r safe God bless you n continue to stay safe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County