Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 AM

315 posts, read 767,567 times

Advertisements

With not a moment to spare, (moving truck comes Saturday!), we got a house! What a relief!!

Now, can you guys recommend the best internet company for me. I know nothing about Brighthouse. Who do you all use?

Last edited by Barli; 06-23-2015 at 11:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 02:07 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
With not a moment to spare, (moving truck comes Saturday!), we got a house! What a relief!!

Now, can you guys recommend the best internet company for me. I know nothing about Brighthouse. Who do you all use?
Welcome. Did you find the house in Viera district like you wanted?

We have Brighthouse combo. They have lots of free WIFI all over the place and you can get a more secure WIFI using your Brighthouse login. It is expensive compared to some, but has 24/7 service and when we have had to have someone come out they were here within 24 hrs. max and at the time they said they would get here.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:33 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
Most likely, Brighthouse is the only cable game in Viera -- Others have spoken about a number of online internet service alternatives to the Cable companies (ie; Hulu, Roku, Netflix, etc). -- Not too many cities offer potential customers a choice of cable companies.

Old 06-23-2015, 03:01 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,790,135 times
Congrats.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:46 PM

315 posts, read 767,567 times
Thanks all! I can't wait to get there! We ended up in Palm Bay. The competition in the Viera rental market was just not working for us. I think we'll be happy.

We are under contract with Dish Network until the end of November, so I just need internet. Boy is Brighthouse ever expensive! It's really too bad there aren't more choices. I ended up going with them though. It is what it is I guess!

Old 06-25-2015, 02:04 PM

9 posts, read 24,274 times
We use AT&T Uverse and it was so much better than Brighthouse. Less expensive and did not have a repair person come in and add malware to my computers! Also it does not go out during storms as much and comes back a lot quicker!

Old 06-25-2015, 04:17 PM

8,005 posts, read 7,221,727 times
Brighthouse is really good with all the public hotspots for customers. I can find good wifi connections all over Brevard county.

Old 06-26-2015, 05:49 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,174,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAllison View Post
We use AT&T Uverse and it was so much better than Brighthouse. Less expensive and did not have a repair person come in and add malware to my computers! Also it does not go out during storms as much and comes back a lot quicker!
I am still trying to figure out how a repairman who put in your cable or got the wifi set up added malware to your computer. Did you have them set up your internet for you instead of doing it yourself? You have to watch when you download free stuff like Chrome or IE, games, pictures, because some have malware attached.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:52 AM

61 posts, read 90,951 times
I tether my smart phone for internet (currently only option other than satellite, which is a non-option if you ask me). It's not high speed, but a consistent 3G. I am with AT&T. You can also use your smart phone as a mobile hot spot, but you will be able to watch your battery drain. Someone made a comment to me that it is easy to hack, but since I live in the middle of a few thousand acres, not a worry for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
View detailed profiles of: