Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 03:32 PM

14 posts, read 45,658 times

Advertisements

I plan in relocating to Cocoa Beach as soon as possible. I'm done with winters in the North. What restaurants or bars do you think I could make the most money working at? I've been in the business for 15 years, and am planning in teaching during the day (Preschool) and serving or bartending a night or two during the week and the weekends. I'll be visiting over Christmas so if there is someplaces I should check out I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 06:04 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Plenty of possibilities in Cocoa Beach. You'll have to figure out what makes the most sense for you. If you could squeeze in a server position at The Fat Snook I imagine the tips would be very satisfactory. They are busy every night of the week so you'd get plenty of table turn with high menu prices.

The good bartender gigs have servers stacked up waiting for a shot to move up so it'll be tough to get in ahead of a server who's been waiting for the chance. Good luck.

Old 11-08-2015, 06:17 AM

1,180 posts, read 1,683,327 times
Agreed with 1insider above. Cocoa Beach would likely have the most choices, but I imagine there are more people looking than jobs available. I would set up a search in a web site like Glassdoors.com with your line of work criteria and you will get daily results in the surrounding area as jobs become available. You just may need to broaden the job description.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:00 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy728 View Post
I plan in relocating to Cocoa Beach as soon as possible. I'm done with winters in the North. What restaurants or bars do you think I could make the most money working at? I've been in the business for 15 years, and am planning in teaching during the day (Preschool) and serving or bartending a night or two during the week and the weekends. I'll be visiting over Christmas so if there is someplaces I should check out I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Have you obtained a Florida teaching license for pre-school? To even work in a pre school you will need to take classes to work with kids. I have a degree and still had to take about 4 classes to get certified for working in a day care.

Had a neighbor that lasted a year as a server before they moved back to Virginia. In the year they rented the house next door she worked in about 6 different places. Just think it through. check out places while down here. Check with the county to see what you will need to work in day cares or a pre-school down here. A lot of the pre-schools are in the regular schools.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:44 AM

12 posts, read 11,121 times
There are some good beachfront bars where you could make decent money. The main problem with the high volume places will be availability. Many want someone that can work more than a couple days or nights a week.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:38 PM

14 posts, read 45,658 times
Thanks for the info. Everyone.. I will look into the Preschool license also.

Old 11-08-2015, 04:54 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,448,079 times
Good luck OP!
Keep us posted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County