U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:16 PM

786 posts, read 775,282 times

Advertisements

Best of luck with the move. Keep us posted after you get down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 12:27 PM

137 posts, read 124,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
Best of luck with the move. Keep us posted after you get down there.
Thanks! I will!

Old 10-02-2015, 09:25 AM

Hey, does anyone know if trash service is provided by the city? or do you have to pay a 3rd party company? I cant find any information online about it.

We are trying to get the utilities turned on and I am a little annoyed FPL wants a deposit from us. I got them to lower it but I think its crazy they can even ask for a deposit. I have really good credit, never paid anything late, and nothing negative on my credit report. Even when we turned our utilities on here in MI for the first time we never had to pay any type of deposit.

I dont even want to see what kind of crazy expensive fees the DMV will charge us..

Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 AM

3,554 posts, read 6,186,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanGirl815 View Post
Hey, does anyone know if trash service is provided by the city? or do you have to pay a 3rd party company? I cant find any information online about it.

We are trying to get the utilities turned on and I am a little annoyed FPL wants a deposit from us. I got them to lower it but I think its crazy they can even ask for a deposit. I have really good credit, never paid anything late, and nothing negative on my credit report. Even when we turned our utilities on here in MI for the first time we never had to pay any type of deposit.

I dont even want to see what kind of crazy expensive fees the DMV will charge us..
Merrit Island is just part of the county. It has no city government. Merritt Island is left to the administrative care of the local county government, and the water and sewer (where available) are handled by the neighboring city of Cocoa. The county maintains sheriff, fire, and EMS coverage.

Plan on $400 for each vehicle when you register it for the first time.

Wait a minute.... aren't you moving to Melbourne over by the Golf course? I think I got lost on the MI in your post. LOL

Old 10-02-2015, 10:10 AM

haha yes, We are moving to Melbourne... I meant MI as in Michigan.. I forget Merritt Island can be abbreviated as that too LOL

So my question is, does Melbourne provide residents with a trash bin? or do I need to find a company like waste management or whatever and pay them?

Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 AM

3,554 posts, read 6,186,509 times
Quote:
haha yes, We are moving to Melbourne... I meant MI as in Michigan.. I forget Merritt Island can be abbreviated as that too LOL

So my question is, does Melbourne provide residents with a trash bin? or do I need to find a company like waste management or whatever and pay them?
I think they have the big garbage can and recycling cans like we do in Palm Bay. Provided by the city or the garbage company they use. In Palm Bay garbage and water are on same bill, but not sure about Melbourne. My neighbor works for the city of Melbourne so I will ask her what they do in Melbourne.

Old 10-02-2015, 11:24 AM

120 posts, read 155,660 times
Quote:

My understanding is that the trash/recyling is paid through your property taxes. Waste Management is who they contract through.

City of Melbourne, FL : Solid Waste & Recycling

Old 10-02-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacketHauler View Post
My understanding is that the trash/recyling is paid through your property taxes. Waste Management is who they contract through.

City of Melbourne, FL : Solid Waste & Recycling

Thanks! I was wondering about that because I am in the middle of trying to set everything up for when we arrive on the 13th. In Michigan, the city we live in doesnt provide trash service, you have to find a trash company and pay them every 3 months for service.

I'm just hoping our pool will be fine these next 10 days without anyone maintaining it

Old 10-02-2015, 05:46 PM

10,575 posts, read 10,814,879 times
Fpl refunds the deposit after a year of payments I think

Old 10-03-2015, 04:31 PM

4 posts, read 8,102 times
Quote:
Thanks! I was wondering about that because I am in the middle of trying to set everything up for when we arrive on the 13th. In Michigan, the city we live in doesnt provide trash service, you have to find a trash company and pay them every 3 months for service.

I'm just hoping our pool will be fine these next 10 days without anyone maintaining it
Hopefully it won't rain much. You'd be amazed how quickly pools turn green around here! It'll probably be fine after 10 days but you may want to shock it when you move in. Also if you decide to get someone to take care of it, Brevard Pools in Indialantic did a good job for me for several years when I lived in a place with a pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or