Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:52 AM

36 posts, read 64,233 times

Advertisements

I would like to know how is the area of sawgrass in Palm Bay Bridgewater bayside lakes. I would like to move there. I have a 9 year old and would like to know if area is good and if schools are good. As realtors will not tell you that. Please advise how is it like to live there. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 07:37 AM

3,975 posts, read 8,136,360 times
Homes in the Sawgrass Lakes area that Horton is building are in the $400-600,000. It is in a good area of town. I think that is actually West Melbourne. Saw Grass Dr off of Bayside Lakes BLVD in Palm Bay is a good area too as is Bridgewater. Homes are less expensive than the Sawgrass Lakes area of west Melbourne.

Bayside area of Palm bay is farther out than the Sawgrass Lakes area which is behind Hammock Landings shopping Center.

Not exactly sure which schools kids go to from there but thinking Sunrise Elem which is off South Babcock, Southwest Middle School, and Bayside High School if you want to do searches to learn about the schools. Schools in Brevard County are some of the best in the state.

Old 11-13-2015, 12:48 PM

12 posts, read 11,090 times
Not going to speak for the majority of realtors but my honest opinions....

Westside Elementary - good

Southwest Middle - meh

Bayside - meh, depends who you ask. Some good golfers and baseball players have come out of their athletic programs for what it's worth.

I know people in most school districts so any questions that pop up, ask away. I'll be as honest as I can w/o offending anyone. I have children in Brevard County public schools too so i know how protective some parents are.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Homes in the Sawgrass Lakes area that Horton is building are in the $400-600,000. It is in a good area of town. I think that is actually West Melbourne. Saw Grass Dr off of Bayside Lakes BLVD in Palm Bay is a good area too as is Bridgewater. Homes are less expensive than the Sawgrass Lakes area of west Melbourne.

Bayside area of Palm bay is farther out than the Sawgrass Lakes area which is behind Hammock Landings shopping Center.

Not exactly sure which schools kids go to from there but thinking Sunrise Elem which is off South Babcock, Southwest Middle School, and Bayside High School if you want to do searches to learn about the schools. Schools in Brevard County are some of the best in the state.

Thank you for your honesty

Old 11-17-2015, 03:35 AM

Thank you for your honest opinion

Old 11-17-2015, 06:57 AM

You're very welcome. Some realtors just want the business, no matter what needs to be said. I prefer honesty even if losing a client to another place. If residents are happy with where they end up, it'll help everyone in the long term.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfrontbrevard View Post
Not going to speak for the majority of realtors but my honest opinions....

Westside Elementary - good

Southwest Middle - meh

Bayside - meh, depends who you ask. Some good golfers and baseball players have come out of their athletic programs for what it's worth.

I know people in most school districts so any questions that pop up, ask away. I'll be as honest as I can w/o offending anyone. I have children in Brevard County public schools too so i know how protective some parents are.

The thing to remember though is you do not actually have to go to the neighborhood school. Our neighbor's kids do not even attend the same schools. One attends high school here in Palm Bay and one attends high school in Melbourne because of their different interests and goals . There are also lots of choices for charter, private, and church schools in the area.
Often with working parents kids attend school in the area closer to their parent's work or are brought to a daycare on the way to work and then van pooled to the school the parent chooses in that area. Of course it takes planning and being accepted because some schools are locked from taking in new students. Sometimes you have to prove hardship or a safety reason for the switch of school. In our old neighborhood in NE Palm Bay one neighbors kid had a big mouth that made attending school he was being bused dangerous for him. He was transferred to a school beach side that was on the way to the Space Center where his dad worked. I think he learned a lesson when his parents started hauling his bike with them and had him ride it home on a regular basis. ;-)

Old 11-18-2015, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
The thing to remember though is you do not actually have to go to the neighborhood school. Our neighbor's kids do not even attend the same schools. One attends high school here in Palm Bay and one attends high school in Melbourne because of their different interests and goals . There are also lots of choices for charter, private, and church schools in the area.
Often with working parents kids attend school in the area closer to their parent's work or are brought to a daycare on the way to work and then van pooled to the school the parent chooses in that area. Of course it takes planning and being accepted because some schools are locked from taking in new students. Sometimes you have to prove hardship or a safety reason for the switch of school. In our old neighborhood in NE Palm Bay one neighbors kid had a big mouth that made attending school he was being bused dangerous for him. He was transferred to a school beach side that was on the way to the Space Center where his dad worked. I think he learned a lesson when his parents started hauling his bike with them and had him ride it home on a regular basis. ;-)

Great point. With planning and sometimes luck in lottery acceptance, you can get the best of the best no matter where you're living.

Old 11-19-2015, 02:24 AM

Oh wow very interesting. Do you know how to go about applying for a church school or charter?Correct me if am wrong do these schools require children wear a uniform? I may be moving there sometime in January and I have to register my 9 year old who is in 4th here in NY. Thank you for your responses, I appreciate it.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitymaxd View Post
Oh wow very interesting. Do you know how to go about applying for a church school or charter?Correct me if am wrong do these schools require children wear a uniform? I may be moving there sometime in January and I have to register my 9 year old who is in 4th here in NY. Thank you for your responses, I appreciate it.
Check out the websites and go from there. I think all the church schools have uniforms, so do a lot of charter and public schools in the county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County