U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 02:58 PM

232 posts, read 301,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The stretch of 95 north of viera to fiske gets ridiculous. I go 80-85 and people blow past me at 90-95+ Brevard has speed demons on I-95
Yeah they do, and that's where I most often see FHP parked in the median. I just let them go on by. Now, if I happen to be in the left lane (seldom), and they start tailgating me, I'll just speed up until there's a car next to me on the right, and keep pace with them. Pisses the speeders right off, and I don't care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 05:04 PM

1,148 posts, read 524,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post
Now, if I happen to be in the left lane (seldom), and they start tailgating me, I'll just speed up until there's a car next to me on the right, and keep pace with them. Pisses the speeders right off, and I don't care
Nice to know you find pleasure in breaking the law.

Old 11-19-2016, 09:27 PM

10,575 posts, read 10,842,940 times
Quote:
Yeah they do, and that's where I most often see FHP parked in the median. I just let them go on by. Now, if I happen to be in the left lane (seldom), and they start tailgating me, I'll just speed up until there's a car next to me on the right, and keep pace with them. Pisses the speeders right off, and I don't care
Ok jerk, time to get educated

Florida officials warn drivers to stop going slow in left lane - Orlando Sentinel

Left-lane slowpokes face fines under new Florida law

Old 11-20-2016, 04:53 AM

232 posts, read 301,460 times
Is there really a reason for name calling, jerk? I know the law.

Not going slow at all; in a case like this typically 80-82. Remember when I said seldom in the left lane? If I am in the left lane, it's for a reason. I don't cruise there.

If somebody is going to come up on me that fast, and not give me an opportunity to move over before tailgating me, they can just wait until I can. However, I am not going to get my speed up to 90+ to pass a car that's probably doing 80+ him/herself. If the guy behind me can't/won't wait, let him move to the right and go around that side. More than likely he/she was weaving through traffic to come up behind me so fast to begin with. Otherwise I would have seen them coming and moved over in advance.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:06 AM

10,575 posts, read 10,842,940 times
Quote:
Is there really a reason for name calling, jerk? I know the law.

Not going slow at all; in a case like this typically 80-82. Remember when I said seldom in the left lane? If I am in the left lane, it's for a reason. I don't cruise there.

If somebody is going to come up on me that fast, and not give me an opportunity to move over before tailgating me, they can just wait until I can. However, I am not going to get my speed up to 90+ to pass a car that's probably doing 80+ him/herself. If the guy behind me can't/won't wait, let him move to the right and go around that side. More than likely he/she was weaving through traffic to come up behind me so fast to begin with. Otherwise I would have seen them coming and moved over in advance.
The evidence is very clear.... Speeding is actually less of a public safety hazard on the roads than Wolf packs. The autobahn in Germany is a perfect example....Way less accidents per capita despite the higher speed limits because people respect left lane etiquette.

YOU should be the one moving to the right if you aren't going faster than the flow of traffic. It's not just you though, FL seems to be full of moronsand old people that shouldn't be driving

Old 11-20-2016, 07:26 AM

1,148 posts, read 524,057 times
Quote:
Quote:
I'll just speed up until there's a car next to me on the right
So which statement is the truth?

Old 11-21-2016, 10:29 AM

3,558 posts, read 6,202,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
The stretch of 95 north of viera to fiske gets ridiculous. I go 80-85 and people blow past me at 90-95+ Brevard has speed demons on I-95
Yes we do even on our streets in town! With our 3 lane streets like Palm Bay Rd, US1 etc, people think that 45 mph sign means nothing. Often there is some idiot weaving from lane to lane at 70 in town. See a stoplight turn to yellow and they hit the gas and hit it red at 60+ and if someone doesn't know to hesitate before going on green they get broadsided .

To the people saying it is the old drivers causing the accidents etc, some of the problem is caused by elderly drivers; but take a look in those windows and you will see people of all ages speeding, making dumb decisions, and causing accidents. People are speedin even when they are really going nowhere that they have to be. Everyone needs to be more considerate of the other drivers. It sort of reminds me of when I was teaching and kids arguing about wanting to be first in line. I always told them "It doesn't matter if someone is in front of you , you will all get to the same spot"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or