Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2016, 12:44 PM

182 posts, read 239,397 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for realtor or property mgmt company that can help us locate a home rental. I've searched Zillow, Trulia, Hot Pads and they have listings that seem outdated.

Our relocation package does not have a good rep in the area and we are in a time crunch as our house is closing within 3 weeks.

We have two children in middle and elementary school and the spouse will be commuting to MCO area for his job a few days a week.

The biggest hurdle we are having is the lack of rentals--or they go quick or the agencies are not returning our phone calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2016, 05:46 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,682,011 times
The market is red hot right now. I had a Palm Bay home that was rented within a few hours after listing. You do need to hook up with a good agent. I can recommend one if you want to DM me. I have a three bedroom direct oceanfront, 7th floor, condo in Cocoa a Beach coming up at the end of September. Not sure that matches your needs, budget or time frame but I would happy to answer any questions.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:19 PM

182 posts, read 239,397 times
I'll send you a DM-- Movers are getting my stuff second week in august--So I'll need a place rather quick-especially with school starting.

What's fueling this rental craze? I'm seeing tons of houses for sale but the rentals seem really high priced compared to home sales.

Old 07-21-2016, 06:42 PM

My guess is the influx of Space or military based contracts where new jobs have been created. This tends to spur on rentals as talent is pulled from other areas around the country quickly for jobs that may only be short lived (a year or two) until the contract runs up and the jobs may not renew. That plus the costs associated with home ownership (insurance, taxes, repair costs) keep going up and that can drive rental prices up. I imagine, generally, most people have still not been able to save enough for a down payment on a home. Even with low interest rates, you still need 20% down to avoid PMI fees on the loan. Finally, unless I am crazy, home prices have shot way up in the last several years. That $120,000 home in Merritt Island three years ago is now $200,000 or more. I purchased a home on Palm Bay in 2011 for $50K, put 10K into and likely would $120K without much advertising. The lower priced homes fly off the market (unless a total wreck). The nicer ones on the water have been moving well too. But I do know my costs as a home owner have risen dramatically as well, so it kind of balances out.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:06 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,168,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoe View Post
I'll send you a DM-- Movers are getting my stuff second week in august--So I'll need a place rather quick-especially with school starting.

What's fueling this rental craze? I'm seeing tons of houses for sale but the rentals seem really high priced compared to home sales.
FYI----First day of school here is Wednesday August 10 so kids here will already be in their classes before you move.

Have you checked Brevard MLS Home Page for rentals. By rentals there will be realtors to contact and if you call them they may have others that have not posted yet.

Also Cocoa Beach is just a little town so you might want to check some of the other areas in Brevard County, too.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:10 AM

6 posts, read 5,294 times
Curious to see where you found a rental property...do you like living in the area?

Old 02-24-2017, 05:24 PM

Interesting seeing this topic bumped up again and reading my comments from 7 months ago. That $120,000 house in Palm Bay likely would net me $135,000 today. That is the reality now. For rent perspective, my asking rent would now be easily $100 more a month as well from what it was last year. Palm Bay is still very fast moving market wise, as is much of Brevard County. Buyers and renters need to move fast and be ready to jump. Having a great realtor, local to the area of interest, will help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County