Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 09:08 AM

232 posts, read 395,960 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't say Florida is way behind. Many of us moved here to get away from the kind over over-regulation experienced by those in CA, MD, and other places. We left CA for FL for precisely for that reason. Get the government out of my face!

Did you research FL before you came here?

Relax and embrace the differences. You'll be happier. Go rent a boat as I advised in my PM to you, and have some fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaGirl4FL View Post
Good thread.

In Maryland it's handled similar to California's prop 13. Works very well. More areas around country are doing this. I'm finding FL is way behind in so many ways in so many areas. Guns, smoking in public areas, and more. Also, I find that produce and legumes here are not cheap, the same prices as up north, and don't taste as good here. And we grow the stuff here! I think all part of big agribusiness $$$. Or is there something I'm missing? Is anyone else feeling this who recently moved here from the Northeast?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 10:09 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,665,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post
I wouldn't say Florida is way behind. Many of us moved here to get away from the kind over over-regulation experienced by those in CA, MD, and other places. We left CA for FL for precisely for that reason. Get the government out of my face!

Did you research FL before you came here?

Relax and embrace the differences. You'll be happier. Go rent a boat as I advised in my PM to you, and have some fun.
yes indeed.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:01 PM

33 posts, read 34,527 times
What is the tax% to value, is it revalued annually?

That was one of my questions and I will go try to investigate. My husbands job is moving to Cape Canaveral and we are considering a move. Just starting to read all these threads.

Thanks!
Robyn in Calif.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:37 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,226,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyncal View Post
What is the tax% to value, is it revalued annually?

That was one of my questions and I will go try to investigate. My husbands job is moving to Cape Canaveral and we are considering a move. Just starting to read all these threads.

Thanks!
Robyn in Calif.
Ballpark around 1.3-1.5%

Old 02-25-2017, 03:45 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,399,651 times
If you live in your home and have the homestead exemption, there is an limit to the increase in valuation each year. However,it is not unusual for non-ad valorum taxes (assessments) to exceed your ad valorum taxes.

When you buy the home, your taxes will be assessed at the price paid, and the taxes based on this less your homestead exemption. Figure about $1.50 per hundred.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:46 PM

33 posts, read 34,527 times
Thanks Chopchop0and Restrain for the info.

I did do some more research and can you advise if my understanding is correct.

Property taxes can be raised a max of 3% a year, due annually but I can save 4% if I pay November 1st.

Robyn in Ca

Old 02-26-2017, 10:33 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,226,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyncal View Post
Thanks Chopchop0and Restrain for the info.

I did do some more research and can you advise if my understanding is correct.

Property taxes can be raised a max of 3% a year, due annually but I can save 4% if I pay November 1st.

Robyn in Ca
Yes on the second point not sure about the first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County