Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 08:44 AM

5,020 posts, read 7,447,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpafr012 View Post
why not live in titusville and commute to the beach. Remember fl does on occasion get hit by a hurricane. Beach front (merritt island) takes a heavier beating than inland areas do. Just something to consider.
this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 08:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyncal View Post
Thanks all for the info.

Nypafl4u - It does appear that the cost of a kilowatt is cheaper in FL. Good to know! I checked my bill and off peak is 0.12ish and peak is 0.31- ish kWh for me. My electric bill is 100-120 a mo and that is in a newish home with good insulation and windows, I rarely use heat or AC.

Rabflmom - Thanks for the info on solar and the builder Life Style Homes, I did check them out. Also appreciate the areas you mention. I am looking for single family. I like that FL has so many (what look to be large) builders willing to build a single home if you have the land. I have checked out many.

BrevardRealtor-By looking at the map I figured Aquarina was out. Bummer, the area just looks so pretty. So you think North Indialantic would be ok, maybe 30-45 min commute?

How about Merritt Island. In the event of a hurricane are the winds less powerful since it is blocked by the barrier island, or is that not the case?

One thing I forgot to mention my husband will be going to work early, 6am start, will that reduce his commute? He hits much less traffic then I do at 8am. Assuming that is the case in Fl but never want to assume! :-)
Where are you working in Titusville. There are commuter rides in the South Brevard area to get to the space ccenter etc. Our neighbors ride shared so they didn't drive everyday or if they did co-workers that rode with them chipped in money for the ride.

Personally though I would try to find a place North of Melbourne on the mainland or North of Satellite Beach on A1A.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:47 PM

33 posts, read 34,988 times
He works for Lockheed and they are moving to a larger facility, (currently on the base) everyone says Titusville but no final word yet. Ride share could work! I am just starting to research Titusville, but my heart is really set on being within walking distance to the beach. Thanks for the specific areas mentioned.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:24 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robyncal View Post
He works for Lockheed and they are moving to a larger facility, (currently on the base) everyone says Titusville but no final word yet. Ride share could work! I am just starting to research Titusville, but my heart is really set on being within walking distance to the beach. Thanks for the specific areas mentioned.
Titisville is not a good choice because it does not have a beach you can walk to. Look to the towns beachside that are on the Island South of Titusville. I would look into Cocoa beach, Merritt Island, Indian Harbour Beach, Sattelite Beach, Canova Beach, and Indialantic or Melbourne Beach for the walkability. Most of the towns you may have to walk across A1A to ggget to the beach though. The drive / ride to work will not be horrible from any of those areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County