Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 07:21 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,169,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
From what I have read.....it is still in the wishful thinking for people who moved here from the NE.

Would you believe I still have never been in any of the Wawas that have invaded the South? Keep saying we should try a sandwich sometime but um.....no not our thing to get a sandwich at a gas station unless we are on the road to somewhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 09:03 AM

166 posts, read 352,841 times
Seems odd to pick Merritt Island for a Trader Joe's. It seems most people moving to Brevard are deciding between beachside and Viera as places to live. It will be a good 30 - 45 minutes to Trader Joe's living in those areas.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:04 AM

2,746 posts, read 1,780,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Would you believe I still have never been in any of the Wawas that have invaded the South? Keep saying we should try a sandwich sometime but um.....no not our thing to get a sandwich at a gas station unless we are on the road to somewhere else.
You have to try it Rabflmom, they're worth it. I still find it amusing that Floridians think of Wawa as a gas station with a convenience store. Growing up in NJ Wawa never sold gas, they only added that to their stores about 20 years ago. The town in NJ I moved from 4 years ago had 3 Wawa's and none of them had gas.

Old 06-12-2017, 01:02 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,682,011 times
Likewise, I am seeing more and more Subway shops and Dunkin Donuts popping up at gas stations. One day that may be the norm and young people will think of those places as gas station stops.

To us up north, Waffle House is a treat. Regardless of how dirty they usually are (unfortunately). I love them. My wife would pass on them, but for myself and family, we love them and see it as a treat. I imagine living there, we would treat is as going to McDonalds. Good for a fast bite.

The few WaWa's I have been to in NJ were actually pretty good and clean. It is like a fancier, with more choices for eating, 7-11. Go for it.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:42 PM

210 posts, read 276,927 times
Although people here do think of WAWA as a gas station there is still an awful lot of excitement when one opens! I guess the gas sale they do when they first open helps They have VooDoo chips, so that's all my son needs to love them

Old 06-23-2017, 08:11 PM

15 posts, read 31,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
From what I have read.....it is still in the wishful thinking for people who moved here from the NE.

I thought the same thing. We had Wawa in Virginia and after a bit I tried the sandwiches and breakfast items. Omg.
We moved rom Virginia to Melbourne in December 2016. I was stoked to see wawa. The coffee and breakfast sizzlis are BOMB

Old 06-23-2017, 08:13 PM

15 posts, read 31,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrevardREALTOR View Post
In a Facebook group. It was verified by a COSTCO employee. They had a tent set up at the Cocoa B-B-Q Fest (I believe) selling memberships.
I SO hope so

Old 02-10-2020, 08:03 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Rumor mill still running or is this legit?

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/m...ay/4712384002/

Old 02-11-2020, 07:43 AM

264 posts, read 337,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Rumor mill still running or is this legit?

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/m...ay/4712384002/

This content is for subscribers only, but I'm guessing by the URL that it's about the Costco.

No Trader Joe's ever materialized on Merritt Island either, though I would love for one to be there before I retire and move to Cocoa Beach full time

Old 02-11-2020, 02:02 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,317,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy3n8 View Post
This content is for subscribers only, but I'm guessing by the URL that it's about the Costco.

No Trader Joe's ever materialized on Merritt Island either, though I would love for one to be there before I retire and move to Cocoa Beach full time
This is from that article:

The ink's not dry, but preliminary signs show Costco is eyeing a location in Brevard County.

The food-and-more warehouse retailer has submitted a site plan application for a patch of land at the future intersection of the Pineda Causeway and Lake Andrew Drive extensions. The application shows the planned construction would include a 156,000 square foot Costco complete with a liquor store and gas pumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County