Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:16 AM

2,747 posts, read 1,781,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
So even if you didn't know how to swim, or were much thinner and smaller than the grown man, how would you go to the deep middle of that pond to save a man who was committing suicide? They were young boys. Young teens. We don't know their size. We don't know if they can swim.
I don't think anyone would advocate them jumping into the water. But all they had to do was use that secret feature on the phone, you know the one where you can dial a number and have voice communication with someone else (I'm not sure anyone in gen Z is aware of this feature, phones are just for texts, pics and flicks right), to call for help and everyone would be saying they're great citizens.

As I understand it, they were 14 to 18 years old, certainly old enough to know better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2017, 09:36 AM

24,404 posts, read 26,946,756 times
Honestly anyone defending these guys I can say with a clean conscious say if you get cancer tomorrow, the world isnt any worse off...

You dont have to swim after someone drowning, you dont have to run inside a burning building to save someone... but you should call the police, yell for help... at the very least you shouldnt be thinking this is one of the most hilarious moments of your life watching a person die a horrific death.

Anyone defending these actions, please go crawl into a hole and never come out! You are the scum of earth and the world would most likely be a better place without your existence.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:59 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Honestly anyone defending these guys I can say with a clean conscious say if you get cancer tomorrow, the world isnt any worse off...

You dont have to swim after someone drowning, you dont have to run inside a burning building to save someone... but you should call the police, yell for help... at the very least you shouldnt be thinking this is one of the most hilarious moments of your life watching a person die a horrific death.

Anyone defending these actions, please go crawl into a hole and never come out! You are the scum of earth and the world would most likely be a better place without your existence.
Agreed, and of course, there are liars, i mean lawyers, to defend even the scum of the earth

Why won't teens be charged for not helping drowning Cocoa man?

Old 07-26-2017, 08:01 PM

113 posts, read 141,833 times
They were arrested for not reporting a death. The State Attorney will decide if they will be charged. I suspect that nothing will happen because it will fix nothing. There is no requirement for anyone to help anyone only a moral one and we know morals vary from person to person.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:13 PM

370 posts, read 903,267 times
Troll much? These little animals should have been smothered at birth. I've got money I'll bet that they'll have nothing to add to whatever community they infect with their existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD1985 View Post
Anyone see this on the news? Man that guy was dumb as rocks to swim into the middle of a lake like that!

https://youtu.be/YYJmX7yC_sw

At least the kids were smart enough not to get in that gator infested water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County