Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 05:47 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,320,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevinci View Post
. I drove along roads in West Melbourne on the way to work and I felt like I was in a pleasant, rural community.
I think suburban is more accurate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2019, 06:49 AM

9 posts, read 37,865 times
So, what did you decide? We also are looking at the Space Coast since we're retired USAF and miss the FL lifestyle.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:25 AM

2,478 posts, read 1,549,473 times
My brother once lived in Hollywood, Fl, then moved to the Ocala area. My sister lived in Coral Springs, then Melbourne, now Merritt Island. I have spent time in Clearwater and the Naples area, in addition to Orlando. Out of all of these places, to me, Melbourne seems to be a great place without too much traffic, ridiculous housing costs, close proximity to the ocean, and a home town kind of atmosphere. It still can get a bit chilly in the winter, though. The Viera area seems to be growing fast.

Old 10-28-2019, 10:21 AM

267 posts, read 262,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Viera or Satellite Beach -- If the grandkids were there, we would move back to SB where we lived for about 25-years. Both offer what you are seeking, but my preference is SB.
You should consider the higher cancer risk in these areas: https://spacecoastdaily.com/2019/05/...ept-of-health/

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...da/1151132001/

https://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...ter/877905002/

You can find many more links.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:58 AM

6 posts, read 12,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramasw View Post
I am a recently retired Professor and scientist, currently living in Jacksonville. Moved from South Florida (Delray/Boca area) after 20 years. Jax. seems too big and traffic can be a mess. We thought we would like Jax, but in ten years from now the place is going be filled with lots of developments and condos. Too much of growth, which was the reason, we left South Florida. Also, it is cold here. Thinking about Melbourne. Seems warmer than Jax. We are going to check it out next month and as a first trip we will be staying for 4-5 days. Looking for a house (3BR,2B+) with a small yard where I can plant a few things. Safety is very important to us as senior citizens. We don't want to be in downtown area nor on the beach.
Any hints about places/neighborhoods to avoid, Hospitals, quality of doctors and rush hour traffic would be appreciated. We will check out restaurants, pubs etc. when we visit in Jan. Biggest help for us to learn about areas to avoid because not being safe. Once we have some idea of areas, then we can contact a realtor.
Thanks!
I love it when anyone south of Georgia complains that it's cold. Just daydreaming of escaping the New England winters. It's mid November and it was 16 degrees this morning.

Old 02-03-2020, 01:03 PM

5 posts, read 6,179 times
Melbourne Beach, and Indiatlantic are very laid back areas, surfer beach town. Small town vibe, that offers a nice touch of fun, entertainment and a growing social scene especially in the Eau gillie art district. The area isn't overly religious, and i doubt you would have to worry about kids asking about that. I haven't found that to be the case. I would love to help answer any questions you have, share contacts if you need any specific trade work, or are looking for trainers, realtors, doctors, contractors etc. Brevard county has been my home for 14 years now, as the surrounding areas begins to grow, and expand both in business and the unique culture currently being created, this small beach town has charm and character, its an exciting time to be living here. [mod cut - advertising not allowed]

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 02-07-2020 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: spam, no soliciting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County