Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2021, 07:48 AM

63 posts, read 82,040 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move from Apopka, FL (northwest of Orlando) to somewhere closer to my parents who are on Merritt Island. We also need a bigger home - there are 6 of us plus we homeschool and my husband has been working from home and found out that even after Covid he will continue to work remotely. In his field, working remote is more common than not (cybersecurity). So, we need a home office for him and it needs to be away from the homeschool space/kids playing...which means a lot of house. We've been making do in 1500 sq feet and it isn't pretty, lol. Most existing houses don't meet our needs - partly as they are more open floor plan vs ability to close doors for private areas.

Needing that much space for our day to day sanity limits our options a lot. Especially since we are trying to stay under 400K. Building seems the best bet. DR Horton has plans that work, and has new construction in the Cocoa area and Titusville. One, Adamsom creek, is sandwiched between 95 and a landfill, so thinking probably not that one. But not sure what the areas around Panther Ridge (362 Catfish Place, Cocoa, FL 32927) or Lakeside Palms (130 Sorrento Drive, Cocoa, FL 32922) are like - seems sort of empty right now? If it likely will get built up more, that would be fine. We plan to stay long term and getting in before stuff gets built up more seems smart. And I mean, where we are now there was major excitement when we got a Denny's, lol. I will say, we are dog people, and Lakeside Palms is 2 minutes from a dog park! (and playground, trails, etc) They also have one in Titusville (110 Forest Trace Circle, Titusville, FL 32780).

Or Maronda has a great floor plan, our favorite actually, and has "scattered lots" in Port St. John and will have a new development going up in Rockledge called Brookview (854 Brookview Ln, Rockledge, FL 32955) That seems like maybe a nicer area, but we are waiting to hear if it is in our price range and when they are starting to build. They also have some lots left on Merritt Island, but they are out of our price range there - being on the island bumps up the prices about 100K or more it seems. Port St. Johns seems from some google street views like it might be a bit more "country" than I'm looking for, but not sure. Likely depends where in that area?

School district is not an issue, we are long time homeschoolers and will continue with that. We do want to have quick access to the highway for an easy commute to Winter Park as my husband might do some in person teaching again at Full Sail University at some point in the future, in addition to what he does now. And my sister lives in Waterford Lakes, East Orlando area, so want to be able to go see her and have cousins play, etc. So going further south to Melbourne or Palm Bay doesn't really work.

Last edited by ktgrok; 03-07-2021 at 07:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 PM

10 posts, read 21,898 times
Hi kt;

Of the developments you mentioned, I'd rate "Forest Trace" in Titusville and "Brookview" in Rockledge as your best choices.
Both are far better neighborhoods then either location in Cocoa. Also closer to everyday needs like supermarkets, plus Titusville is much closer to Waterford Lakes/Orlando though you have to slog it over route 50.

If it comes to new construction, you might take a look at Wedgefield off of 520, south of 50. Right now you need to drive to 50 for shopping, but Orlando is growing quickly to the east, so it won't be in the boonies much longer.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County