Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 02:45 PM

128 posts, read 336,718 times

Advertisements

Which part of Palm Bay would you say is better than others. I see many listings for homes and it always lists NE,SE,NW,SW Palm Bay. Which areas also have the most homes that wold have public water/sewer. Thanks for any information yo can share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 03:27 PM

334 posts, read 1,145,885 times
If you poke around on the Palm Bay city website, they have a map that shows block-by-block what areas have city water and sewer. In general though, NE and NW are mostly city water. SE and SW are mostly well water. Sewers are sporadic, even NE and NW. My house in the NE quadrant has city water and a septic tank. We have had no complaints about the septic tank.

As for which areas are nicer, it really depends on the neighborhood. In general, the NE quadrant is the oldest and most established. Some areas are well taken care of, others not. The SE and SW quadrants are the least developed. You may have a block with only one brand new house on it, surrounded by vacant lots. I'm happy in my NE neighborhood. It's older but well taken care of. Some people are put off by the fact that Palm Bay isn't as uniform as some newer areas like Viera where each home is nearly identical to the next, but I like the variety. And I love not having to deal with an HOA or association dues.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:43 PM

128 posts, read 336,718 times
Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. Also, what are the taxes and insurance in the area? Do many areas require flood insurance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County