Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 07:34 AM

119 posts, read 610,540 times

Advertisements

looks like the Avenues have added a lot in the last 2 yrs...

jsims I was about to reply with a "Old Navy does not an UPSCALE shopping center make" but I just read the store list and now they have Cache and some other real mall types of stores. I can't wait to check them out, cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 04:27 PM

698 posts, read 3,266,115 times
We really loved Viera when we visited last week-end.We stumbled across it a couple of years ago when we were in Titusville and wondered if it had changed.Well,it has,but it's for the better.We're hoping to move there if we can sell our home here in North Carolina.Lived in the Orlando area for 15 years.We've been here in North Carolina for 3 years.We keep trying to make it work,but it's just not working out like we had hoped.We were a lot happier in Florida and can't wait to get back!

Old 06-03-2007, 09:26 PM

119 posts, read 610,540 times
Just out of curiosity...why do you want to leave NC? One good change in Viera...they painted the stadium so it's Nats colors for spring training...last season it was Marlins colors.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:31 AM

Not enough to do-especially in the winter,they tax you to death without any breaks whatsoever and the weather.We'll be dividing our time between Viera,Fl. and New Jersey so we'll have the best of both worlds and more to do together and apart all year round.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:27 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
Would you please tell me why you're not as pleased with North Carolina as you would like? We are looking into a move for a number of reasons, but don't want to make a mistake. Been in Orlando area all our lives, we have family here. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
We're hoping to move there if we can sell our home here in North Carolina.Lived in the Orlando area for 15 years.We've been here in North Carolina for 3 years.We keep trying to make it work,but it's just not working out like we had hoped.We were a lot happier in Florida and can't wait to get back!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:48 PM

1.North Carolina taxes-they tax you to death,you get no breaks such as homestead exemption,etc.You pay all year on EVERYTHING and still have to pay state tax at the end of the year!

2.Wages VERY low,but cost of EVERYTHING VERY high.Most jobs are at least $10,000.00 a year less than somewhere else.That's why they're having a problem getting teachers to come here and stay longer than five years.

3. Not enough to do-especially during the winter months.

4. Not as satisfied with health care

People come here with the illusion that the cost of living is lower and the quality of life is better,but it's not.I've heard other people from different areas of the country complain about this also.

If I were you,I'd take a REAL close look and investigate thoroughly before I made a move.If you're looking to get out of Orlando,I'd look in other more desirable and safer parts of Florida,Georgia or South Carolina before I made a final decision.That's the mistake we made-we were just looking to get out of Orlando.We went all up and down the East coast and chose here when we should have been looking in other parts of Florida,Georgia,or South Carolina.We have since did that and have chosen Viera,Florida.We stumbled across it when we were checking out Titusville.We didn't even know it existed when we were living in Orlando.It's a very nice,desirable area and is within driving distance of so many other places including Orlando.

Best of luck to you!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:52 AM

5 posts, read 25,867 times
move to the beach..forget melbourne (melboring) or viera!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 04:47 PM

8 posts, read 40,623 times
Default I too lived in NC, and well, after 10 years, it wasn't meant, considering I was orig from NY, and wasn't 'accepted' !

I too lived in NC, and am looking to go back to FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
We really loved Viera when we visited last week-end.We stumbled across it a couple of years ago when we were in Titusville and wondered if it had changed.Well,it has,but it's for the better.We're hoping to move there if we can sell our home here in North Carolina.Lived in the Orlando area for 15 years.We've been here in North Carolina for 3 years.We keep trying to make it work,but it's just not working out like we had hoped.We were a lot happier in Florida and can't wait to get back!

Old 06-14-2007, 06:10 PM

What part of NC did you live in and what part of Florida are you going back to?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:20 PM

SI LIFER-Can't afford to live right on the beach.We'll be perfectly happy living witin a few miles of it though with everything convenient around us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County