Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:49 AM

5 posts, read 21,187 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating from Long Island New York to Florida within the next few months. Can anyone give us some information about the Condos in The Village at Melbourne aka University Village at Melbourne,([SIZE=1]Da Vinci Way,) [/SIZE] the look beautiful, but I read a few negative comments in the forums about crime in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 04:47 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,154,207 times
They ARE very nice in the pictures. Looks like a great choice.

As far as the negative things you read on forums, keep in mind that some people only post negative information. I live in an area of Orlando where they say negative things also and nothing could be further from the truth. There is crime going on in every nook and cranny in the USA, this doesn't mean the whole area is unsafe. Many times crimes occur between people that you won't be mingling with anyway.

A few things you could do is:
1. Check the zip code for the crime ratio.....not always accurate for the whole zip code area.
2. Have a friend or family member in the Brevard area check out the specific location for you.
3. Try doing a Google Earth road check.Then you see online what is actually up and down the street from these condos.

Brevard county is beautiful. Don't let a few negative comments dash your dreams.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:55 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
I would not want to live right across the street from Palm Bay High, which is where google maps shows their sales office. If that is where the condos are, I'd look for a different property.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
They ARE very nice in the pictures. Looks like a great choice.

As far as the negative things you read on forums, keep in mind that some people only post negative information. I live in an area of Orlando where they say negative things also and nothing could be further from the truth. There is crime going on in every nook and cranny in the USA, this doesn't mean the whole area is unsafe. Many times crimes occur between people that you won't be mingling with anyway.

A few things you could do is:
1. Check the zip code for the crime ratio.....not always accurate for the whole zip code area.
2. Have a friend or family member in the Brevard area check out the specific location for you.
3. Try doing a Google Earth road check.Then you see online what is actually up and down the street from these condos.

Brevard county is beautiful. Don't let a few negative comments dash your dreams.
Thank GloryB for the reply

Im not sure how to check out the zip code crime ratio?

We have friends in Palm City and Hobe Sound, getting some advice from them, they are pushing towards Stuart in Martin County.

We are heading down with a RV ASAP and have plenty of time to search.
Thanks for the imput

Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I would not want to live right across the street from Palm Bay High, which is where google maps shows their sales office. If that is where the condos are, I'd look for a different property.
Thanks tilli for the reply,

Whats up with Palm Bay High, condos are right there.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:08 AM

334 posts, read 1,151,058 times
The part of Melbourne along University east of Babcock is rough. I'd avoid anything too close to the intersection of University and Lipscomb in particular. People assume though that the entire area down there is dangerous. It isn't by any means. The crime stays isolated to the bad neighborhoods. The area immediately around Palm Bay HS and along Babcock is completely fine. I believe those condos are right next to FIT. I wouldn't buy sight unseen, but you're not going to get robbed walking to your car or anything like that.

Old 09-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Whats up with Palm Bay High, condos are right there.
I just wouldn't want to live so close to that high school. There will be lots of activity with the high schoolers - the daily parade of buses, bad teenage drivers, football games, mischievous teens cutting school or committing petty crimes, etc. There are nicer areas to buy a condo in Brevard.

If the property is actually right next to FIT rather than PBH, as the previous poster states, that is a little better, but I still think I'd keep looking.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:51 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,167,709 times
Quote:
I just wouldn't want to live so close to that high school. There will be lots of activity with the high schoolers - the daily parade of buses, bad teenage drivers, football games, mischievous teens cutting school or committing petty crimes, etc. There are nicer areas to buy a condo in Brevard.

If the property is actually right next to FIT rather than PBH, as the previous poster states, that is a little better, but I still think I'd keep looking.
I have been trying to figure out where there are condos across the street from Palm Bay High. I could not find a link to the condos. Could you post one here.
As someone stated area around Palm Bay High is perfectly safe area to be in.

If you are talking about the ones on University by FIT, I caution you to rethink. University can be a tough area. Some of my students who lived in the apartments on University(closer to Stone Junior High) said they had to duck and cover from the gun shots in that area too often.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I have been trying to figure out where there are condos across the street from Palm Bay High. I could not find a link to the condos. Could you post one here.
I don't know that they are - if you search google maps for the Village and choose the listing on Da Vinci way as the OP specifies, it takes you to the intersection of Eber and Babcock. The map listing may be incorrect, link below. I thought perhaps it might be those buildings behind what used to be Wal Mart?

Google Maps>

Old 09-29-2009, 05:40 AM

Quote:
I don't know that they are - if you search google maps for the Village and choose the listing on Da Vinci way as the OP specifies, it takes you to the intersection of Eber and Babcock. The map listing may be incorrect, link below. I thought perhaps it might be those buildings behind what used to be Wal Mart?

Google Maps>
The condos are located via google maps 124 Eber Road Melbourne aka University at Melbourne.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County