Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2009, 03:59 AM

12 posts, read 28,925 times

Advertisements

After 8 years away from the US, we finally getting close to move back to FL

Our plan is to be mortgage free so we can enjoy life a little, so our budge is 310k for a 3-4 bed house, having 2 young children means good schools are a priority (kids are 7 and 8 years old)

From what I read brevard county is good in scholls,

for my budget I am hoping to get a pool house with waterview at least (waterfront prefered of course), any suggestions of good areas for my family ? we saw our budget can get us a (river) waterfront in Merritt Island, but I am not familiar with the area .. is it good ? or should I look elsewhere ?

Carlos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 AM

76 posts, read 320,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullMind View Post
After 8 years away from the US, we finally getting close to move back to FL

Our plan is to be mortgage free so we can enjoy life a little, so our budge is 310k for a 3-4 bed house, having 2 young children means good schools are a priority (kids are 7 and 8 years old)

From what I read brevard county is good in scholls,

for my budget I am hoping to get a pool house with waterview at least (waterfront prefered of course), any suggestions of good areas for my family ? we saw our budget can get us a (river) waterfront in Merritt Island, but I am not familiar with the area .. is it good ? or should I look elsewhere ?

Carlos
I live in Brevard county. Prices have crashed so much, you can easily get a 3 to 4 bedroom house for WELL under 300K, and probably one with a pool for as little as 180 to 190K, and maybe even way less if you look for a short sale or foreclosure, but be prepared to wait a while. If you want waterview, you will pay more, but I still think you can find what you want in Brevard for what you are looking to spend. I live in Palm Bay, and it is foreclosure city down here, so many deals to be had.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:34 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,035,416 times
You would be better served by renting your home first. There are so many variables that will come into play beyond the waterfront location and the forum opinions about the schools. With the burst of the housing bubble. buying a home in Florida now is a long term commitment..... make a mistake by not thoroughly knowing all of the possible pitfalls , and you may find yourself stuck with an ill-advised purchase for many years.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:21 PM

51 posts, read 71,682 times
I would suggest renting first. The housing market is still in freefall, if you buy now - you are catching a knife. With that sort of budget, you should be able to find a great house down the road for even less. Don't believe the hype: the pain is not over just yet. My $.02
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County