Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 10,013 times

Advertisements

I currently live in AZ and would like to move to Melbourne FL later in the year. I am in my late 20s and currently live in a small town (sort like a retirement community).

I would like to know if there's tons of young people in the Melbourne area (dating/ hangout) or it is more like a retirement community (I wouldn't be interested in that).

Also, Is Melbourne bicycle friendly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 01:34 PM

28 posts, read 117,241 times
I found some info on nightlife by Googling "Melbourne nightclubs" or something like that. FIT draws a number of young people -- then you've got Patrick Airforce Base. Not so sure about the place being bicycle friendly. Seems a bit crowded these days.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:12 PM

1,708 posts, read 4,399,602 times
I'd suggest going 2-3 hours south to Palm Beach County or Broward County. Or North to Jax. Then again I've only visited Melbourne, but it didn't seem like the place where I would want to go and be in your situation.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:36 PM

115 posts, read 319,389 times
Default Hello!

Is it bicycle friendly?
In my opinion...not at all. There is a lot of construction going on all throughout town, and virtually no bike paths except for in parks. Even in the city parks, it would be hard to bike in most of them (look into Wickham Park, that's by far the nicest park!)
You could bicycle in the housing communities if you really wanted to, but otherwise, bicycling isn't the easiest thing to do in Melbourne/Palm Bay area.

Florida is known to have a high Senior Citizen population, and Melbourne is no different. However, I think the retired seniors are the only reason the whole area hasn't burst into total economic chaos..they keep the dollars flowing through the business. And everyone is for the most part pretty friendly.

Melbourne does have a small/cute downtown area with a few clubs and many bars all throughout town. If bars and bar types are your scene, yes, you will find it very nice. It your very into water sports, you'll also find lots of others who share your passion and find lots to do. Otherwise, you and your future friends will have to get creative. The average young adult goes to Walmart or Denny's at 2am or later if they are bored...because those are the only things other than bars that are open.

As far as dating...you will find no shortage of single women. Just be careful. Coming from one of the ladies in this area...a lot of people in the Mel/P.B area tend to have ambitions to leave...but feel trapped in the area...and don't really want to do anything productive with their lives. They sit around, complain, and stay at dead end jobs without any dreams to aspire/goals to work toward..etc....basically they sit around and drink, smoke pot, be crazy, be promiscuous, live off mommy and daddy,...etc.

Be careful when you are getting to know the girls, and make sure they don't have like 3 kids and want you to be their "baby daddy"....a paycheck.
I know some really nice people and single ladies alike. Ones that you would be proud to bring home to your parents, that would make your life very happy...just make sure you know them VERY well before you put your heart out too much.
Try going to a local church, Starbucks, a library, or Barnes n' Noble if you want to find a gentle, kind , intelligent, moralistic, pleasant, honest woman....it sounds funny, but really...this is where most of them hang out!

This might be easier said than done, but do try to come out here and see for yourself. The job market isn't the best, but housing is affordable. The humidity is crazy, but living beside the beach makes it worth it.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 AM

24 posts, read 131,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annagurl333 View Post
The average young adult goes to Walmart or Denny's at 2am or later if they are bored...because those are the only things other than bars that are open.
Uh, and what else would one do at 2am or later in other parts of the country?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:30 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestEver9 View Post
Uh, and what else would one do at 2am or later in other parts of the country?
Not sure about other parts of the country, but in The Big Apple we can:

- Go to lounges
- Bowling
- Play pool
- Night Club
- Get a bite to eat

.........and a whole sleuth of other things (legal and illegal - LMAO!!) that don't come to mind. However, we are the "city that never sleeps" and surely it can't be compared to Florida's nightlife.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:16 PM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
Not sure about other parts of the country, but in The Big Apple we can:

- Go to lounges
- Bowling
- Play pool
- Night Club
- Get a bite to eat

.........and a whole sleuth of other things (legal and illegal - LMAO!!) that don't come to mind. However, we are the "city that never sleeps" and surely it can't be compared to Florida's nightlife.
If it's Miami you can definitely compare it.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:44 PM

109 posts, read 439,985 times
Heck, every place you have all mentioned have some sort of nightlife. Vero Beach was as family orientened as any place but beleive me, I never found a dull moment 5 nights a weeek. You sound like a normal guy who would like to be in a place that is not a meat market. There is not a town that does not offer some night life. It depends on how much you can absorb or want. If you are really a party animal move down the coast southward. I think that is not necessary as anywhere on the East Coast will give you enough action. Sure there are girls looking for a life support system but that is anywhere. If you are looking for independent women, get your check book out and hit the upscale clubs down south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County