Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times

Advertisements

The Dalai Lama teaches Forbearance along with the attempt at Brotherhood. But why does he fail at success in improving tolerance between families at diagrammatically differing ideas for solving the economic and political disgrace in the world today? It would be simple to revere the success that is accomplished by the customs and silent nature habits being brought to similar blood in one another's souls, because the same humanities are taught at school.

But to understand how children get along is to understand that the interpretations of disclosure for Knowledge are ignored sensibility in theirs rather O.P.'s jargon. Take the B.P, ambition of accepted blame. I don't believe that the Dalai Lama could accept that. People have to ignore the property demands and decide to work together on the simple fact of the oil spill.

I believe that's what the Dalai says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 01:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
I have no clear picture of what you were trying to say, but the Dalai Lama hardly has enough influence to change anything on a global scale.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:27 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I have no clear picture of what you were trying to say, but the Dalai Lama hardly has enough influence to change anything on a global scale.

I would have to second this.What is being said/asked here?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default I gets it, yezz I duz!

What, it's not obvious? Why...

The Dalai Llama for BP's CEO of course!

(In the unbreeding of classless speculation about the lesser trials of the unborn but leaking granite personalities! Obviously.)

Old 07-14-2010, 07:43 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
What were you trying to say. Perhaps you could try again, without assuming we know what you are thinking?

Just based on your subject line, I will offer that one's "truth" is subject to one's view of reality. I have yet to meet two people who share a reality. That is why one must practice forbearance.

Forbearance, by the way, is defined as: refraining from the enforcement of something (as a debt, right, or obligation) that is due. Synonyms are: patience and leniency.

As far as I can tell, the Dalai Lama is a living example of the term, and you may have chosen the wrong word to convey your meaning.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:29 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
The Dalai Lama teaches Forbearance along with the attempt at Brotherhood. But why does he fail at success in improving tolerance between families at diagrammatically differing ideas for solving the economic and political disgrace in the world today? It would be simple to revere the success that is accomplished by the customs and silent nature habits being brought to similar blood in one another's souls, because the same humanities are taught at school.

But to understand how children get along is to understand that the interpretations of disclosure for Knowledge are ignored sensibility in theirs rather O.P.'s jargon. Take the B.P, ambition of accepted blame. I don't believe that the Dalai Lama could accept that. People have to ignore the property demands and decide to work together on the simple fact of the oil spill.

I believe that's what the Dalai says.
I believe what the dalai Lama says is that This is the way to enlightenment and That is a matter for the world.

What else do any religions say?

Old 07-15-2010, 04:23 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
I get the feeling you, the OP, are responding to a news story or a quote he said recently about something. (The recession? the oil spill?) The problem is I think many of us don't know what that quote or story is and you don't give us much to go on. So it's a bit like walking in the middle of a conversation.

Tibetan Buddhism only represents a few million people, most of them fairly poor or politically powerless, and the ability for Nobel Peace Prize winners to actually effect dramatic change varies or is just debatable. (As much as I admire/support her Aung San Suu Kyi has not exactly managed to get peace or democracy to Burma. To go with winners I don't admire or support the record of actual change might be even weaker)

Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Good point. I looked at the Dalai lama and saw he'd been on a panel recently and made various remarks which frankly didn't impress me as monumental wisdom. Nothing that struck me as a gaffe such as would make him wrong or untrue so as to leave the way clear for other religious claimants.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
History is agreed upon; and to that there was the recent one, and the long term. Might find my way back to the main stream guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism