U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do Buddhists (non-Christian ones) go to hell?
Yes 37 12.54%
No 228 77.29%
I don't know. 30 10.17%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2010, 02:25 AM

8 posts, read 11,047 times

Advertisements

you are a narrow one track minded typical christian, yes very narrow minded.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 02:34 AM

Default again the one track minded christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
I'm Catholic, but I don't feel it's my place to say that anyone will go to hell. I believe the way to heaven is through Jesus Christ, but the Good Lord will have the ultimate say in who gets in and who doesn't in my opinion. I don't agree with Buddhism, but people who are Buddhist are human and are entitled to believe in whatever they wish. I might not agree with them, but it doesn't mean I'm better than them, or that they are buying themselves a one way ticket to hell, I'll let God be the judge, and in the meantime treat people equally regardless of their religion.
again my friend, oh sorry you are no friend, what about all the people who never knew who Jesus was? are they in hell as you think and say? Yeah only one way you say??????Jesus did not come in to the world until after millions of people were in this world!!!!They never`saw Jesus. You are like all one track minded Christian. If they are a good person and their actions were not evil, why would God put them in Hell???It is not their fault If they never had a chance to know Jesus..FOR EXAMPLE......I DID NOT KNOW WHO JESUS WAS UNTIL ABOUT AGE 12.......SO IF I DIED BEFORE THAT, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME I WOULD BE PLACED IN HELL??? THIS IS SO FRICKEN STUPID!!!!DON'T YOU KNOW THE BIBLE HAS BEEN TRANSLATED SO MANY DIFFERENT TIMES THE TRUE SCRIPTURE IS ALREADY LOST! DO YOU KNOW WHERE IS THE TRUE TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY BIBLE??? KNOW YOU DON'T! SO STOP SAYING THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY! GOD KNOWS WHO IS GOOD AND WHO IS EVIL.......

Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 AM

Default One track minded christian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzedforhim View Post
where did you get that? Not from the bible! That is not true, it has nothing to do with your actions aside from accepting christ as savior.
you preach love but where is it???

Old 02-02-2010, 02:40 AM

Here we go again. God is gonna send someone to Hell just because they may not have had the chance to hear about Him??? You think every single person on this earth in every walk of life is going to have the opportunity to hear about God and Jesus Christ? I know there are many many awesome missionaries throughout the world spreading the Word but come on, this is a pretty big place. What about the Buddist in red China where missionaries are not allowed to preach but may be in 10 years who would of accept the Savior in his life but unfortunately died two years too soon? Tough luck son, you may burn!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleleigh View Post
i am going to get in a ton of trouble for this but oh well. I might be wrongbut is not budha a term for some one who is enlightend? So christ being the son of god is enlightened> oh and who are we to be the judges of any one in a negative manner. In my heart i belive that all people(except for the truely evil)will be in hevan for god loves us all.
that is exactly what i would say! God knows who is good and who is evil.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:46 AM

13,856 posts, read 14,006,020 times
The ancestors of my current priest are Buddhist. He does not believe they are in Hell and neither do I. That's my opinion by and large, Zai Jian!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:47 AM

Do all Buddhists go to hell?

Old 02-02-2010, 02:48 AM

God knows better, you deserve hell is you are evil and will not change! If your heart is pure and good, i do not think god will place you there if you never knew who jesus was!

Old 02-02-2010, 06:40 AM

16,008 posts, read 8,067,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikicityboi968222 View Post
God knows better, you deserve hell is you are evil and will not change! If your heart is pure and good, i do not think god will place you there if you never knew who jesus was!
“Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?" Priest: "No, not if you did not know." Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"”
(Annie Dillard)

Why indeed? If everyone who did not know about Jesus would not go to heaven, why did God send him in the first place? It only means that suddenly, a lot of decent people who would not go to hell suddenly (in complete ignorance) would go to hell simply because Jesus had turned up

Why indeed, had God told us about sin? If we had just been left in ignorance about it, we would not be sent to hell for it.

Why, indeed, has God even told us about himself? If we didn't know about Him, we would not go to hell. So why did he tell us? Why give the Law? Why give the Bible?

Paul saw the problem and came to the conclusion that God had done all this deliberately to make us sinners, and the more he gave us to believe in and do and follow, the more sinful we became for not doing it. (Galatians 3.10-25, for example)

The only way out was through believing in Jesus. Not through knowledge or good works or even believing in God, but Faith in Jesus. Without that - for whatever reason - one cannot be saved. If a Christian believes in hell, then hell is what you get if you are not saved.

What shall we say, then? Is God unjust? It sure looks like it, and that is not the only example of it. But from Job to Paul's 'potter' simile, the message is: God can do whatever he likes.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:17 AM

712 posts, read 629,483 times
First of all your religion has nothing to do with where you end up....period. The whole religion thing is nothing more than a red herring to keep us distracted and our eye on the wrong thing. You know...the old "we're right, your're wrong and going to hell" idea that seems to be so prevalent in organized religion as we know it.

When you die, what religion you were is of absolutely no bearing on the matter. Weather you a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim etc...matters not one iota. It's what kind of person you were. You're not expected to be perfect and when you die you naturally gravitate to the appropriate place where you feel comfortable with those who are most like you in beliefs and traits and goodness. Nothing is forced on you and you're not "sent" to hell or heaven....but rather you gravitate all by our self to were you fit in comfortably. In that respect it's not all that different from here on Earth. You generally don't choose to live where you're uncomfortable with those around you and it's no different in the hereafter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism