Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think is better?
The first 7 70.00%
The second 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 08:39 AM

62 posts, read 65,832 times

Advertisements

In your opinion between people;
1 Who has sex, greed, anger, lust but always gives helping hand to others.
2.Who doesn't have sex, greed, anger, lust but survive their life by encroach others (beggar behavior).
Who do you think is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 01:02 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,704 times
You don't have to feed the monks if you don't want to.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:34 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
That depends on whether you believe in Buddhism. If you do, then Bikkhus are giving the greatest gift humanity can have - the method of making merit.

If you don't then they are merely picturesque scroungers.

For my part, being atheist, I regard those who may not be so spiritual but produce the wealth that makes our life pretty good as being 'better'.

But I regard the poll as too Loaded to participate.

Old 06-05-2015, 05:25 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
better is tough word. I agree the poll is loaded. And people may not be perfect but turn out to be an ok person if they stay within social norms for the most part. Keep in mind that some taboo practices can skew the data. It is independent of belief. Jerks are jerks and good people are good people.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:01 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,065,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aganus View Post
2.Who doesn't have sex, greed, anger, lust but survive their life by encroach others (beggar behavior).
Although this question might be as ridiculous as asking, "which is better between the wolf-mother and the common sheep?"

I of course choose the 2nd, purified people who live on donations to prove their social worth. Here are some reasons why:

(without responding to the false stereotype bait...)

A. lust, greed, and anger.. out-of-hand, and out-of-control, are not any kind of helping hand to others.
B. everyone survives their life by encroaching others to trade value and even beggars work at their station.

(moving on to respond to the false stereotype bait...)

C. monks who claim to be students of the Conscious One Siddhartha Gautama must always give a helping hand.
D. toning dow the excessive lust, greed, and anger is a way of giving a helping hand to many others.
E. People give to random beggars because they value life and comfort for the homeless, but people are to give to monks because they value their nature, teachings, etc.

It is clear who is better between the hypocrite-vacillator and the carefully-protesting teacher.

Regardless, I think those with good genes (actively or potentially) should fairly and happily pass them around the current generation to the next generations. I also support safe roller-coasters and safe-sex practices.

Last edited by LuminousTruth; 06-08-2015 at 12:10 PM..

Old 07-11-2015, 07:46 AM

You don't have to feed the monks if you don't want to.
----I don't stop anyone donate to beggar but only want to stop people fooled by super beggar society.

That depends on whether you believe in Buddhism. If you do, then Bikkhus are giving the greatest gift humanity can have - the method of making merit.
----This post does not depend on one's belief. Anyone can show one's belief and decision. You can post this question in any religious forum too.

For my part, being atheist, I regard those who may not be so spiritual but produce the wealth that makes our life pretty good as being 'better'.
----I know that atheist will choose that choice. Glad to tell you that I'd been atheist since high school but sorry to tell you that 10 years ago 7 gods appeared in front of me in the sky. So now I'm agnostic.

But I regard the poll as too Loaded to participate.
----Load or not load depends on one's background.

Old 07-11-2015, 07:50 AM

A. lust, greed, and anger.. out-of-hand, and out-of-control, are not any kind of helping hand to others.
----There are probably hundred of billionaires who donate million to billion dollars every year, have those people lust, greed, anger?

B. everyone survives their life by encroaching others to trade value and even beggars work at their station.
----Some encroach or take advantage of others by working, creation, research, tactic, trick etc. Those are much different from beggar society who don't do anything except pray, chant, meditate, salute divine, criticize others and beg!

C. monks who claim to be students of the Conscious One Siddhartha Gautama must always give a helping hand.
----Buddha ranked #9 in divine matrix, so he can be not the conscious one anyway.
What they can give to other is only Buddha's teaching which is the way to decrease one's desire (low efficiency), not the way to give to other.
The only material they can give is what they have beg from followers. Or money get from amulets, astrology etc. which Buddha never teach them to do. If one doesn't work how can one sacrify anything from one's hard work?
They claim to be students of Buddha, because they can get reference that they will ascend or be great as Buddha. Which is absolutely wrong. Their chance to get ascension is < 1:1,000,000 per year! Many famous monks have reborned again and agian.
Many great ascended masters from the past, Kanesh, Hanuman, Krishna, Jesus, Milarepa, Quan Yin, Kabir, Mataji etc., never followed Buddha's teaching. And none of them has a super beggar life style.
Monk's life style always seeks comfortable as much as possible, they never care how much trouble others may get. Is this ridiculous or admired?

D. toning dow the excessive lust, greed, and anger is a way of giving a helping hand to many others.
----What happen after monks have toned down the excessive lust, greed, and anger. Most of the abbots become the pigs. Abbot is only ~ 5% of beggar society. But 80% of monk scandal was done by the abbot.
ข่าว พระ à¸„à¸§à¸²à¸¡à¸„à¸´à¸”à¹ à¸«à¹‡à¸™à¸ªà¸¹à¸‡à¸ªà ¸à¸” ทั้งหมด [ใน หน้า 2]
http://video.mthai.com/forum/topic/276254
Watch ???? ???????????? : BittuTv.com
ข่าว จับพระข่ ¸¡à¸‚ืนเณร | FunnyCat.TV
วิปริต!พภะเฒ่าเสภžà¹€à¸¡à¸–à¸¸à¸™à¸ªà¸¸à ™à¸±à¸‚à¸—à¹‰à¸*ง :: Hunsa.com
???? ??????????????? - Ver Video Online - Descargar Videos HD

They fool themselves and disciple that they will ascend to heaven or nirvana. So result in the eternity beggar life style.
Making merit or sin is what you had done to others, not what you have done to yourself (pray, chant, meditate, salute divine).
If they can't get money or something from followers how can you help many others?
Buddha's method is low in effectiveness. After studying Buddha teaching for many years, they can do anything from drug, raping dog, corpse etc.
Buddha never teach them to give help others by working after toning down the excessive lust, greed, and anger. But fools them that his method will give them ascension. Because Buddha doesn't know either what criteria God use to select someone for ascension too. If the prophet doesn't know how can his disciple know, isn't it? Eventually his teaching results in encroach life style. That's why their chance to get ascension is < 1:1,000,000 per year!
All junks and orphans adore Buddha because the super beggar lifestyle gives them the greatest chance of life.

E. People give to random beggars because they value life and comfort for the homeless, but people are to give to monks because they value their nature, teachings, etc.
----Do they value buddha teaching is practical in the competitive life style or monks really do what they teach followers or not? Obviously monks only want to teach but don't want to practice as they teach.
Have they ever shown gratefulness to any helper?
Have they often done any hard work to help others?
They teach not to encroach others but they do all of their life!!!
What happened after they damaged paddy field during rainy season? Any apologize?
They can judge rightness of others but they never criticize what they have done to others. Is that fair?

Old 07-11-2015, 07:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
The one who has found God.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:40 AM

128 posts, read 104,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aganus View Post
On what sense do you want the opinion?
One who had sex, greed, anger will have many problems, since anger, lust and greed itself will lead them to do many misdeeds and anger is one of the key aspects for wrong deeds, actions, one's thoughts.
Anger can corrupt your thoughts, minds which eventually makes man even more greedier.
Lust, its even more problematic than anger. Lust can leads to anger, greedy, and sex eventually.
Giving helping hands to others will only lessen small part of their angers, greeds and lust and eventually one will forget about giving helping hands.

Who doesn't have sex, anger, greed and lust, have problems too but they can forfeit any kind of greed, lust, anger. Encrouching others may provide problems but I think on what levels depends. If encrouching goes beyond limits then both are worse. Otherwise 2 are better.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:35 AM

On what sense do you want the opinion?

The comparison of benefit between "what one has done for other" and "what one has done for oneself".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism