Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 06:17 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,281 times

Advertisements

There are innumerable versions of the after life. Target usually has the best selection. Walmart sells very low end versions, but you know them, they'll take anything back, which is very handy if you bought the one that goes in the wrong direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 09:08 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,585,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
I know it's been asked, but if we've had past lives why do we not remember them? How can I be so consciously aware of my current life without even the slightest memory of a past life? I just find it hard to believe I guess. Reincarnation is a very attractive idea, but I'm not sure I believe in it. Though, I do believe there may be something bigger than this world after death.

There are many good reasons we do not remember our previous existences.
But before we go there, we re-exist, not re-incarnate. Reincarnation is re-existence of the same "person". Like Buddha or 2nd coming of Jesus. As an example.
For every human being, True Self has 12 portions to it, that re-exist in their turns, one at a time.
A very good example of what may happen to a Self that remembers previous existences is movie The Groundhog Day.
In it, main character is cursed with remembering his previous existences. Watch the movie, you will see what torments he goes through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism