Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 09:36 AM

7,593 posts, read 6,080,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Remember when Paul says, "Pure, unrefined spice." Isn't that actually an oxymoron? Wouldn't pure spice be refined, which would remove all the impurities?

WAIT ye forgetteth, thine Apostle Paul was mentally Ill.......

"You don't have to read many of Paul's letters to observe violent swings of mood from deep depression to exaltation," Buechner wrote in Peculiar Treasures. "Pauls' passionate likes and dislikes. His boasting. His dark sense of guilt. Almost certainly it was some sort of neurosis that was bugging him. Three times he prayed to God to get rid of it for him, he said, but God never did. Maybe it's not hard to guess why."

__________________________________________________ ___

SO space, unrefined, refined, pure, impure, who knoews from the perspective of someone who was mentally ill? The guy hallucinated hearing a diety, hallucinated a blinding light, and had an ego bigger than the Roman Empire....
COnsider that when reading anything that nutjob (Paul) Wrote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Jedi Master Yoda
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:00 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,813,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
WAIT ye forgetteth, thine Apostle Paul was mentally Ill.......

"You don't have to read many of Paul's letters to observe violent swings of mood from deep depression to exaltation," Buechner wrote in Peculiar Treasures. "Pauls' passionate likes and dislikes. His boasting. His dark sense of guilt. Almost certainly it was some sort of neurosis that was bugging him. Three times he prayed to God to get rid of it for him, he said, but God never did. Maybe it's not hard to guess why."

__________________________________________________ ___

SO space, unrefined, refined, pure, impure, who knoews from the perspective of someone who was mentally ill? The guy hallucinated hearing a diety, hallucinated a blinding light, and had an ego bigger than the Roman Empire....
COnsider that when reading anything that nutjob (Paul) Wrote
Huh? What are you talking about? Sure, Paul did have spice-induced hallucinations, but it allowed him to look where no Bene Gesserit could look. In fact when they tried to look there, it WAS Paul. After this Paul became the Messiah to the Fremen - the Kwisatz Haderach!. LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

Last edited by PanTerra; 07-29-2009 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-29-2009, 10:55 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,731,182 times
Lightbulb ~~~*~~~

Everything you have just said is because your mind thought it first.

"The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into habit. Habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care. And let it spring out of love. Born out of concern for all beings. As the shadow follows the body as we think, so we become..." ~Shakyamuni Buddha~

Old 07-29-2009, 11:27 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,517,795 times
yes..

"my thoughts are flying to you."

unforgettable.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Buddhism