Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:43 AM

1,199 posts, read 2,855,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
I currently live in northern westchester NY and work for NYC. I have 8 years to go before I can leave. Most of my wifes closest friends all live out in WNY. (she graduated at houghton). While I do enjoy where I live, proximity to nature, ppl friendlier here than the city, outdoors, etc. The cost to live here is pretty high.
I love when we visit out there, WNY is so beautiful, some of her friends live in the Eden area. Man, rural farm life is for me! Not far from buffalo(quick city fix).
The last time we went up there we took rt. 81 north to the cherry valley trnpk. and travelled rt 20 all the way out to them starting in Skaneateles. Such gorgeous country. After leaving Eden we pased thru hamburg and took rt 20A back thru east aurora. How I lust for that area of NY. east aurora, and the ourter areas just east of there were magnifigant . Seemingly so much to see. I truly hope or wish to move out there someday in the future when my stint with the city is over.
Northern Westchester is nice but very expensive. I have a co-worker that commutes an hour and a half each way (he lives in South Salem) to Long Island. It was something I considered doing myself but with the price of gas it would be too much of a stretch now.

I take 20A all the way from I-390 when I visit my mother in Hamburg. It is absolutely gorgeous!

People don't realize what they have in Western New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 06:48 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,374,792 times
Quote:
I take 20A all the way from I-390 when I visit my mother in Hamburg. It is absolutely gorgeous
I agree! Hey that is the way we went home too, 20a thru all the small towns out to 390 down to 17 etc. I love those rolling hills, platueas out there just past east aurora. I was in love!
Truly to those who think the grass is greener elsewhere. The beauty of WNY out shines many of the places I have travelled. Combine that beauty with the hospitality of WNY'ers (at least the ones I met), the relative lower cost of living.
My family when I was a boy was fortunate enough to have a place out on the east end of LI. Greenport. I love it there too, but, it has become so over run with elitists from manhattan, and overpriced, it is waay out of my range. While still beautiful, WNY 's "big country" is inspiring to those here in confined metro, sub urban places.
I thought I would have fallen in love with north carolina. There too I love the ocean front, but do not enjoy that kind of heat, especially if I have to work in it. Give me the gentle rolling hills and fields of WNY any day!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:44 PM

719 posts, read 1,545,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse789 View Post
I agree! Hey that is the way we went home too, 20a thru all the small towns out to 390 down to 17 etc. I love those rolling hills, platueas out there just past east aurora. I was in love!
Truly to those who think the grass is greener elsewhere. The beauty of WNY out shines many of the places I have travelled. Combine that beauty with the hospitality of WNY'ers (at least the ones I met), the relative lower cost of living.
My family when I was a boy was fortunate enough to have a place out on the east end of LI. Greenport. I love it there too, but, it has become so over run with elitists from manhattan, and overpriced, it is waay out of my range. While still beautiful, WNY 's "big country" is inspiring to those here in confined metro, sub urban places.
I thought I would have fallen in love with north carolina. There too I love the ocean front, but do not enjoy that kind of heat, especially if I have to work in it. Give me the gentle rolling hills and fields of WNY any day!
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area