Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2006, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,221 times

Advertisements

You can ask me later (it is such a long story) but I am relocating from Southern California...Huntington Beach in Orange County to Western NY in two weeks! THINK I AM CRAZY? I am a world class antiques dealer in fine European and Asian antiques, with a heavy accent on one of a kind treasures.

I LOVE what I have seen on line of GRAND ISLAND NY, and WILSON. NO, I have never lived in the land of ice and snow. However, I am engaged to a Torontonian, and I am stopping over for a year or so, and sure welcome thoughts on where to RENT/LEASE a fabulous large home. If anyone out there knows of a HOME to LEASE and I mean fast, I am arriving mid SEPTEMBER. I know, I know, must be insane, moving my lifetime collections and possesions with no place to go. Well, shall I say I have changed horses in mid stream about three times in the last month, mostly due to business issues, and what I can bring into Canada duty free.

I am fun eclectric, active and extremely eager to see what my new life will bring me.

ANY AND ALL ADVICE FROM SNOW REMOVAL TO HEATING ISSUES, TO HOW TO PROTECT MY TWO SMALL DOGS FROM FROSTBITE (and me too) and information on lifestyles in Western New York will be so welcome.

Sherri Garner

Write to me at mzdragonwoman@aol.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2006, 05:31 PM

253 posts, read 1,274,439 times
If you are moving to Niagara falls with California $$$ then I wouldn't even worry about it. You can probably buy a house with what you would pay in rent out in CA...Or live in a hotel for a month

Niagara falls on the US side... is kind of a dump, and in some places a toxic one (and the canadian side is just a giant tourist trap) .. So it'll be cheap. You'll find something no problemo.

City-data likes breaking links.. so ill break this up -- here listen to local radio guys Shredd and Ragan's weekly Niagara Falls police blotter

www (dot) wedg (dot) com /snraudio/071606.mp3

Old 08-31-2006, 10:48 AM

31 posts, read 302,536 times
You should look into Ellicottville. Its in the southern tier but its a very nice area in the middle of ski country. They call it the "Aspen of the East" There are lots of large old homes in the area. Wilson is very nice though too.

Old 09-03-2006, 08:00 AM

8 posts, read 72,957 times
try an area of niagara falls called DeVeaux. its is the nicest area of niagara falls

Old 10-01-2006, 10:59 PM

105 posts, read 147,075 times
dragon look at the Niagara Gazette online - go to the readers comments and blogs. One thing that scared the s---t out of me was all the radioactive waste in the area- its the worst in the US. Check out air pollution reports as well. There were some lovely houses there and they were cheap but after I did my research I chickened out of buying a summer home.

Im in Rockport TX a friendly little wildlife area full of artists and not too many rednecks - very safe and unfortunately more men than women - guess cause of boating etc

I used to live in Cal too however both Cal and NY have lots of taxes - see my post on Buffalo.

As for pretty buildings however, NF and Buffalo are tops!

Old 01-24-2007, 11:28 PM

129 posts, read 250,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2026 View Post
As for pretty buildings however, NF and Buffalo are tops!
Yes I know!

http://www.urbandecay.ca/Files/Content/NiagaraFallsNY/Niagara%20Falls/Decay/nf14.JPG (broken link)

http://www.urbandecay.ca/Files/Content/NiagaraFallsNY/Niagara%20Falls/Decay/nf31.JPG (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area