Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:59 AM

46 posts, read 77,392 times

Advertisements

me and my mom are paying $375 a month for 1 1/2 bedroom on the westside and our lease end by mid 2012.........

Is there any areas can we look that charge the same amount of rent but in a

1-1/2 or 2 bedroom - Lower or Rear
because we are look for in areas of

Westside
West Seneca
Lovejoy
Blackrock
First Ward

Also some neighbor where i lived say that the eastside is a ghetto areas is that true ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 09:16 AM

Can anyone tell me about what this street is like i saw on CL for a 2Br for $375 also i will cheeck out belmont housing

2BR - Rear / Lower - $375
82 Armbruster
Buffalo NY 14212

Old 11-25-2011, 06:14 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,545,483 times
Yes the east side is basically ghetto. Lovejoy is white ghetto the rest of the east side is black ghetto. Very few exceptions south of Cleveland Hill.

The place you are asking about is the edge of Lovejoy near Broadway/Fillmore, basically the intersection of Broadway & Bailey. I wouldn't exactly say its one of the safer parts of the city but there's certainly worse areas of East Buffalo.

Why don't you look at some of the inner ring suburbs like Tonawanda, Cheektowaga or Lackawanna? You might be able to find some places in your price range & the neighborhoods will be much safer/cleaner than most of East Buffalo (and a lot of the westside too).

Old 11-25-2011, 07:30 PM

879 posts, read 1,631,387 times
I'd be very surprised to find 1st ring suburbs @ $375. I suppose anything is possible. Of course, you'd need a car if you work.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:57 AM

What about PA or OH/PA Border ?...........for $375 and 2BR

Old 11-26-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoobie View Post
I'd be very surprised to find 1st ring suburbs @ $375. I suppose anything is possible. Of course, you'd need a car if you work.
He doesn't work.

Go look at Craigslist, Lackawanna seems to have a good bit available for $400 & under. I know Lackawanna is among the least desirable suburbs but its certainly better than East Buffalo.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:45 PM

Default Think more toward PA

Yea i am legally disabled "if you read my posting about what happen to me" is a struggle to me and back to your posting yea but i take with over and you know what i think for the both of us "me and my mom" that we should look into PA if we cant find nothing in WNY

and there is a few areas that i look at " thank you wiki " in PA

Pittsburgh
Johntown
Erie PA
Harrisburg

But you got to remember "i can't drive no more" and we got to count on mass transit "Bus and Rail"and also the PA social service because we both needed

furthermore if we do find a place is must be near store and other amenities including shopping malls now you must be say " why you dissing buffalo ny " technically i am not is just this apartment was available and the right city and right price and as i said this is not a bad city but we have family in PA also and they have there opinion about this city but also i will check out the PA forum also

Old 11-26-2011, 07:14 PM

Pittsburgh is very similar to Buffalo when it comes to rental prices & areas. I personally love the city of Pittsburgh but just like Buffalo it has it good & bad. I think finding something in your price range in a good neighborhood in the Burgh will be about the same as what you are finding in Buffalo.

Johnstown is very small. Coming from NYC to Buffalo & then going to Johnstown will truly be a culture shock. Its a town of 20,000 in the middle of the part of PA that many refer to as Pennsyltucky (and they don't mean it in a good way). On the positive side it may be the one town on your list where you will be able to find something in your price range that isn't in a ghetto pretty easily.

Erie is a small city that is very bland & doesn't have much of anything going on. For someone just looking for cheap living in a decent neighborhood it might not be so bad.

Harrisburg isn't huge itself but its the state capital & has a decent size metro area. Being that its the state capital finding something in your price range in a nice area may not be very realistic.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:35 PM

So if i decided to move to PA and if i have to choose ether " Pitts or Johntown " what part of the county/town would i look when it come to affordable rent for 2 people and rent no more that $375.00 a month

Also which one have good " mass transit " to downtown because i don't want to live like 1 or 2 block away to downtown but say 45 to 1hrs away and as for bus stop say 3 - 5 block away

Last edited by irish_who_me?; 11-26-2011 at 08:27 PM..

Old 11-26-2011, 09:47 PM

You would have to ask on the Pittsburgh board what safe neighborhoods might fit your price range.

Johnstown is only a town of 20,000 & a metro area a little over 100K. Anywhere in Johnstown (or in the small surrounding communities) will be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area