U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-10-2011, 09:23 PM

191 posts, read 266,786 times
Default Looking for specific cold weather boots but forgot the name

So, during the October 29, 2011 snow/rain fall in NYC, I was wearing my little converse sneakers and all of that slush was seeping into my socks and onto my feet. When I couldn't evade a big puddle and hopped right into it, the situation was critical. Some girl from Buffalo told me that there are these boots that everyone from up there use and that they are supposed to be perfect rain/snow boots. I forgot the name of the boots. Anyone have a suggestion, because I may need to purchase some this winter. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 06:02 AM

303 posts, read 1,001,104 times
Hi you can try Hunter rain boots. They are popular in NYC.
I personally like North Face products. They are warm and water proof.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:44 AM

322 posts, read 556,954 times
?Sorrells

Old 12-11-2011, 01:27 PM

I will look into Sorells. I am familiar with the North Face as people used to mug others for North Face in high school. I'd much rather know what's popular in Buffalo though, as I hear that you guys get much more brutal weather than us.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:44 PM

1,350 posts, read 1,827,138 times
I don't think there is a single brand that most people wear. I mainly wear a pair of Columbia & my wife has a few different brands she wears (but she loves her Uggz).

Old 12-11-2011, 04:07 PM

322 posts, read 556,954 times
North Face. Columbia, Sorrells, Uggs - these are are fine boots - don't fret on one of these brands over another. Just get the one you like for the best price.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM

Thanks, all I can remember at the time though was that it was a brand that I, after all my years of living in NYC have never heard of before. Its not the price that's the concern this time. I just want good quality.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:58 AM

692 posts, read 676,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Mero_Mero View Post
Thanks, all I can remember at the time though was that it was a brand that I, after all my years of living in NYC have never heard of before. Its not the price that's the concern this time. I just want good quality.

These used to be very popular. I wore these for years in WNY winters. Not great from a style perspective but they do their job well.
Men's Bean Boots by L.L.Bean, 8" Thinsulate: Winter Boots | Free Shipping at L.L.Bean

I'm also a fan of Columbia & North Face, as others have mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area