Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 07:38 PM

3 posts, read 4,633 times

Advertisements

I am looking at renting a house at North Forest On Main Street.Is anybody familiar with this area?How safe is it compare to other areas in Williamsville?I will also appreciate any input on how to get a good rental preferably single family home in Williamsville School district.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,333,177 times
North Forest & Main would be a lovely and very safe area in which to rent!

As for finding a single family home to rent: keep checking the Bee Bee Newspapers - Buffalo's Suburban Newspapers and craigslist in addition to driving around and looking for 'For Rent' signs.

Best of luck to you

Old 01-13-2013, 10:45 AM

719 posts, read 1,546,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopefoluwa View Post
I am looking at renting a house at North Forest On Main Street.Is anybody familiar with this area?How safe is it compare to other areas in Williamsville?I will also appreciate any input on how to get a good rental preferably single family home in Williamsville School district.
Your response will be highly appreciated.
N. Forest & Main St is real nice. I'm extremely familair with the area. The only possible annoyance there is traffic on Main St during typical rush hour times. You're kid(s) would attend North Forest for elementary k-5, then Mill Middle for 6-8 and then Williamsville South for 9-12. (this is exactly the same path I took)
I've seen some "For Rent" signs in that area. What is your budget and min # of Br/Ba? There were a few on Mill St in the village as well, as I recall. Single family homes for rent don't seem to come up all that often in the village. What about an upper/lower setup?
If you already live in WNY, take a drive up around and you'll see signs. I'd also check Craigslist (that is how I found my place at Union/Wehrle.)
Amherst Bee is another decent source.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,633 times
Thanks K9coach and BigD for your advise.Really appreciate it.BigD I am looking for 3bedroom house with finished basement .My budget is between$1200 to $1600.I will be moving down to WNY in June from out of state.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopefoluwa View Post
Thanks K9coach and BigD for your advise.Really appreciate it.BigD I am looking for 3bedroom house with finished basement .My budget is between$1200 to $1600.I will be moving down to WNY in June from out of state.
Your budget seems about right for your wants/needs. Here's an example of one in the area you want and it's at the lower end of your price range SINGLE FAMILY HOME
I still think your biggest issue is simply finding single-family homes for rent in the village. There just don't seem to be a lot out there. Might be just the time of year now. Maybe early summer things will start popping up. Best of luck to you and please let me/us know if you have any questions about the area.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 AM

223 posts, read 729,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD_JT_14221 View Post
N. Forest & Main St is real nice. I'm extremely familair with the area. The only possible annoyance there is traffic on Main St during typical rush hour times. You're kid(s) would attend North Forest for elementary k-5, then Mill Middle for 6-8 and then Williamsville South for 9-12. (this is exactly the same path I took)
I've seen some "For Rent" signs in that area. What is your budget and min # of Br/Ba? There were a few on Mill St in the village as well, as I recall. Single family homes for rent don't seem to come up all that often in the village. What about an upper/lower setup?
If you already live in WNY, take a drive up around and you'll see signs. I'd also check Craigslist (that is how I found my place at Union/Wehrle.)
Amherst Bee is another decent source.
Actually now it's Forest for K-4, Mill Middle for 5-8 and then they have a choice of any of the Williamsville highschools for 9-12. They're all nice but I'm partial to South!

There's lots of Apts right on Union & Main between Main & Wehrle that seem nice and very walkable to the Village. BigD is right on about the SF homes, I rarely see these become available.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM

879 posts, read 1,621,253 times
Yeah, it is a bit dangerous. You could die of boredom.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepin4us View Post
Actually now it's Forest for K-4, Mill Middle for 5-8 and then they have a choice of any of the Williamsville highschools for 9-12. They're all nice but I'm partial to South!

There's lots of Apts right on Union & Main between Main & Wehrle that seem nice and very walkable to the Village. BigD is right on about the SF homes, I rarely see these become available.
I do apologize. The last thing I want to do is give new residents bad info. I had no idea they switched the grades served at the elementary / middle school level. Thank you Jeepin!

Genoobie,
I grew up in the village of williamsville and turned out just fine. Please don't make crazy proclamations about dying of boredom in the village. It is a great place to grow up!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 AM

223 posts, read 729,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genoobie View Post
Yeah, it is a bit dangerous. You could die of boredom.
?????

Centrally located to the 90, northtowns, southtowns and 20 mins away from pretty much anywhere. Great schools, walkable streets and homes that appreciate! Life is only boring if you let it be.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:32 PM

879 posts, read 1,621,253 times
Okay, if you spend a lot of your life in your car, then sure, being centrally located close to major arterials is significant. Schools are over-rated. So what if they can brag that kids do well on tests. What does that make them? Good test takers? Doesn't sound very innovative. Walkable streets? With a 4 to 6 lane congested roadway that runs through the village that is anything but pedestrian friendly, this is walkable?. Homes that appreciate. Meh. They do that in many places in WNY. Did not say my life was boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area